I cut six strips of the different colors that were 7" x 1-1/8." Sewing them together, making a tube of the strips by sewing them right sides together, and then cutting apart in the opposite direction and re-sewing made an easy 36 patch block. Check out this tutorial if you want to see it written out in more detail!
So far, I've made two of these - this week's plan calls for 5 total. We'll see if I get around to that!
I am enjoying seeing these blocks all together! Here are the 12 I had before I made the second 36 patch block.
I'm really getting curious to find out what will be happening with these blocks once all of them are completed!
Linking up with Let's Be Social at Sew Fresh Quilts and Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation.