Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

A Finish for the 4th

Happy 4th of July!  Right after my last post, I had a chance to finish up my little improv red, white, and blue flag mini quilt.


A look at the back shows the quilting I did.  It created some fun texture!


I really enjoy seasonal sewing - using colors and fabrics that fit the season we're in, like Christmas or spring or something red, white, and blue for the 4th of July.  This is the third one I've made.

The flag mini is very different from last year's with its flying geese and 30s reproduction fabrics.


And the very first one I made was this little mug rug back in 2015.


It's kind of fun to add to my little collection of 4th of July themed quilty things!

Have a fun and safe holiday!  I'm linking up with Val's Quilting Studio for her Tuesday Archives.


8 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Such a cute flag mini! All your projects are so creative.

Sherrill said...

Very cute!! I have a tendency to go larger rather than small. The small would be much easier to get finished up! HA

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Happy 4th!!! Love your cute flag finish. THanks for sharing at T.A. this week.

Linda said...

Oh you did so good! It turned out amazing. Love your other projects too. I enjoy seasonal sewing also. :)

Vicki in MN said...

Your flag mini looks great in your 4th display!

gayle said...

That's an adorable addition to your collection!

Kate said...

Very cute! Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July holiday.

Sandra Walker said...

Okay, so clearly I wrote my comment in my dreams...lol Thank you for linking up to my my DrEAMI! I love all 3 Fourth projects, and need to "festive-up" my home for some of these holidays other than Christmas and Halloween...