I have nine blocks made so far, using orange, lime green, turquoise, and some light blue. Each block measures 4 inches. I like them!
This week, I also finished up this low volume piece that I am hoping to do some applique on. It measures about 16.5 x 16.5. I actually quilted and bound it already, because that is how the inspiration piece was done.
It was a bit hard to capture the color in this piece with my camera. It's made with mostly tone on tone cream, and beige-ish scraps, but has a few little bits that pop out here and there. I like these grapevines and the alphabet fabric.
I found this fun postcard fabric in my stash and it seemed perfect for the backing.
The next decision is what to add on to this low volume piece. My original plan was to have brighter colors layered on top of the background - bright green, purple, pink, etc., to applique flowers, leaves, and stems. Unfortunately, sometimes my skills don't match my vision, but I am always one who likes to try something new and see what develops!
Just for fun, I took some hexies I had made and laid them out on the background. This could turn into something intriguing, but very different from my vision. I'm still contemplating this one!
I'll be back another week to share what I end up doing with this! Stay tuned! Meanwhile I'm sharing my scrappy mini blocks and projects over at Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun than Housework!