Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

I Like Thursday #273

We went on a search for bald eagle sightings yesterday - this is the typical time of year to see them in our area.   This open space was supposed to be a good place to see the eagles, and it was a beautiful day, so we went for a hike there.


Unfortunately, we never saw any eagles - lots of hawks and geese, some chickadees - but no eagles.  But the sights were beautiful anyway.


This is quintessential Northern Colorado Front Range in February.  Foothills, farm buildings, blue skies, interesting tree shapes.  (and snow!)


Meanwhile, back at home this week, I've enjoyed working on this little Valentine cross-stitch design.  I felt a little rusty on this craft at first because I hadn't done it in a long time, but I've made good progress on it this week.  


I stitch while we're watching streaming shows in the evenings, and after we finished up Grantchester last week, we found Endeavour, also on Prime.  Another good British detective series from PBS Masterpiece that we had never watched before.


And one last thing to share - I picked up this Valentine towel at the store the other day.   I thought it was so cute, and couldn't pass it up!


Hope you're having a great week!  Thanks for visiting on "I Like Thursday," hosted by LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color.



















17 comments:

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have watched some of each of those shows but never have watched all of them. I love your scenery. We used to get out for winter hikes but the older Mike gets the less interested he is in it - he doesn't like to get cold and is a bit of a wimp about it LOL so now when I want a winter walk I need to call my daughter for anything that is off our land

Jeanna said...

You have a beautiful day for your hike. Your cross stitch is adorable. I have several projects in the works and quite a few that are stitched but still need to be fully finished.

Susie H said...

In spite of no eagle sightings, I think you had a wonderful day. Your cross-stitch is adorable, I love the little gray sheep. Super cute towel! I'd've grabbed it too if I'd seen it! Adds a sweet sparkle to your kitchen.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! Love that heart towel on your stove. It looks so pretty and happy hanging there. A nice bright spot! Your day for a walk looks like it was beautiful. It seems like there should be an Eagle hatching website - it seems like we've watched them in the past. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Libby in TN said...

I'm sure you already know that Endeavor is a young Inspector Morse. I keep trying to picture him as the older Morse ... nevertheless, it's an interesting and entertaining series.

Linda said...

Again, like a broken record, you live in such a beautiful place! I even like the name of the river "Poudre". :) You're doing a great job on your cross stich. That IS a cute towel. Do I spy a pretty Longaberger pitcher on your counter?

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great likes. What a beautiful day to go for a hike, and you spied birds! Cute cross stitch. I liked Endeavour.

PaintedThread said...

Beautiful views! I like your cross stitch. Funny - another blogger was commenting about watching Lewis and Morse. Endeavor completes the set!

Kate said...

Looks like a wonderfully scenic hike even without the Eagles. Enjoy your counted cross stitch project, it's a cute project.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Thank you for sharing your hike with us! Beautiful scenery! Love Endeavour too! That is one adorable cross stitch piece!!! So adorable! Have a wonderful day!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I cannot do cross stitch anymore, the charts and stitches are too small. I enjoyed Endeavour, saw all the seasons on PBS as they came out. I don't care for opera, and there is a lot of opera music in it, but the mysteries were great.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Caught up on your posts, Diann. Love the fabrics you are using in your Challenge. Beautiful. We absolutely loved Endeavour. I am thrilled to see you cross stitching again. It is the best for calming and soothing the spirit. There are designs out there for any interest, not like the old days when it was just rainbows or flowers.

piecefulwendy said...

We thoroughly enjoyed Endeavor. You should also watch Inspector Lewis after Endeavor, since he trained under Morse and will mention that in the show from time to time. Another good one. Sorry about no eagle sightings, but the hike looks like fun! Your little cross stitch is so cute!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Cute kitchen towel for Valentine's Day, Diann! Kohl's often has some fun ones for all the different holidays, but I haven't ben shopping in ages. What struck me about that photo was the mile-long WALL PHONE cord in the background!!! Oh, the memories...

MissPat said...

Looks like that was a beautiful place for a hike, even though you didn't get to see any eagles. It's supposed to be near 50 today, so I'm going out to shovel another space in the driveway as I have company coming tomorrow. Going back ddown to zero Sunday night, so the temperature reprieve will be short-lived, but every little bit helps.
Pat

LA Paylor said...

I keep hearing about endeavor... and your pics are great of the great outdoors