Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

I Like Thursday #225

 March decided to come in like a lamb in our neck of the woods so it's been a great week to spend some time outdoors!   I met a friends for a walk at our favorite natural area and there were bald eagles there.  You know I am always thrilled to see eagles, so I went home and got Mike along with his good camera and we went back.

This adult eagle was sitting with two immature ones
 nearby in a tree by the river.

We also got out of the house yesterday and took a drive up to Estes Park for a picnic and walk by the lake.  It was a really beautiful day!

A whole day of "not a cloud in the sky!"


And because...


We had to stop off at our favorite winery, Snowy Peaks Winery, for a wine tasting after our walk.  


Cheers!


Speaking of Spring, I'm happy that I joined the "One Stitch at a Time Club" from Kathy Schmitz designs.  I'm still working on the January block, but that's okay.  It definitely says "Spring!"


Hope your March is getting off to a good start!
I'm joining in with LeeAnna and friends at Not Afraid of Color 
for I like Thursday!














15 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

What a beautiul scenery, the eagle and the mountains are lovely. Great photo of you two, cheers!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Gorgeous eagle, and such pretty scenery for a walk outside on a sunny day!

Linda said...

You two look so cool sitting there in the winery! I love your scenery so much. Hope Mike is continuing to feel good. That is a pretty little embroidery design. I just looked up her monthly club subscription and that seems like a nice price for a design every month. Do the patterns have suggestions for colors?

Michele McLaughlin said...

Love that embroidery!!! Great message and such a lovely image! So exciting to see bald eagles! Wow! Glad Mike is doing well! Have a healthy and happy week!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

OK maybe I am a baby, but unless the temp is at least in the 40's and there is no windchill that bumps it back down to the teens do I go walking outside. Great pics though. I managed a walk in the park yesterday. Your stitching is always so lovely.

grammajudyb said...

We’ve been walking a bit too! Our walks weren’t as pretty as yours, though! Colorado is always prettier than my corner of Wyoming! smile!
I did a Kathy Schmitz collection a few years ago and it was great! I haven’t look at this one, but I will now! I’m so glad you guys got out and did a bit of something “fun”! Wine is fun!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am wondering what the temperatures were for your picnic and did you eat in the car? LOL I will take a walk in the 40's and find it fun but Mike refuses to do anything outside if it is too hot or too cold unless we are camping then he will- I don't get that. The park looks delightful in winter(early spring) I would love to see it with snow on the ground still.
Did you see Kathy's new book with little embroidery on hexies? I have it ordered and should come any day now. Maybe try to do one a day or every couple days and then have them later to put together

Susie H said...

Sounds like a great day! Bald eagle, walk with a friend, walk with Hubby, stop off at a winery. Perfect! I'll have to keep that winery in mind next time I visit my SIL!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a beautiful day to explore!!

piecefulwendy said...

What a fun day you had, and so good to see photos of the two of you! No post from me today - I haven't any pictures whatsoever, and haven't been anywhere or read anything. Maybe next week!

MissPat said...

Great post. How lucky you are to not only see the eagles live and in person, but get neat photos of them, too. I'm so tempted to buy a camera, but afraid my photos wouldn't be any better than with my phone camera, which isn't saying much. Maybe when I get that next stimulus check, haha. I can celebrate getting our first vaccine doses, though, so things are looking up.
Pat

PaintedThread said...

No lambs here - it's definitely a lion. Your views are beautiful. Interesting wine glass holder!

Bonnie said...

Eagles and a beautiful mountain view. What more do you need. Well, of course, some good wine! We're talking about a road trip but it'll be to a quilt show in Maryland.... but it's only 30 miles away --- why didn't I realize that before? Have a great weekend.

Deb A said...

Beautiful views! I love seeing wildlife when I am out walking. Eagles are so majestic to see. Looks like you had a great wine tasting afternoon.

Kate said...

It has been a week of beautiful weather. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy those beautiful cloudless blue skies!