Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, September 2, 2023

More cross-stitching...

Apparently I have a new obsession, and I blame it all on Melisa, who has many lovely designs on her blog and offers them all for free!  I've stitched some of her embroidery designs, some of the small cross-stitched stamps, and now I'm on to the mini samplers.  I shared the Mini Sunflower Sampler a couple weeks ago. 


Back in February I stitched the Red Heart Mini Sampler.  I'm not sure I even ever shared this on the blog, and I definitely never fully finished it.  I think I was stitching this during my cataract surgery weeks, so it was actually quite challenging!  (But I did it!)  


And this week I started the Mini Squirrel Sampler.  It's got a bit of a fall feel to it, and I love watching the squirrels in our yard - they're so entertaining!

 
I'm really enjoying stitching these mini samplers!  I might need one for every season...


I bet you know what I'll be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching today!  Linking up with Kathy's Quilts.







 

14 comments:

Kate said...

Your mini projects are such fun. Hope you get in lots of slow stitching today.

Linda said...

I love your samplers! I just got an idea about stitching one for our little Everett - he still doesn't fully know his alphabet. Maybe having one to hold would help! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

Those little samplers are darling! Are you thinking of doing all of them as mini-pillows? They would make a cute dough bowl filler or rotating display.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Those are sweet projects.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute small designs

Karrin Hurd said...

Great projects, I love Melisa's freebies too, but I really don't cross stitch. I would particularly want to do the squirrel one! Hope you have a great week!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Such fun little mini projects! Great bowl fillers.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I know what you mean by Melisa tempting us--I did take a break from her temptations and did 2 other pieces--but am now working on another one of hers--I like her canning jar ones--I have done a couple now--and now am doing the one with the 2 blue birds in it--also have the sunflower and strawberry one to do--I also like to do her 1869 series--oh and also her little mini ones!!!
I am surprised I have not done any of the ABC ones--as ABC samplers are usually my thing in Cross stitching---
your little samplers are really nice-
hugs, di

Deb A said...

Melisa does have some really fun stitcheries available. I need to try cross stitch again - I think I have the fall sampler from a few years ago tucked in a baggie. Must finish Frosty's first.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I've shared Melisa's blog so many times with friends. Although I've been tempted many times to stitch one of her designs. . .I haven't . . .yet! I love how your projects turned out!!!

Jenny said...

One mini sampler for every season sounds like a great idea. And then.....you will need a Christmas one, 4th July, Thanksgiving, the list goes on.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh my, you that is one bowl of cuteness and I adore your fabulous quilt underneath as well. I am so excited that you have been enjoying working on stitching and am so honored that you have stitched my little designs. I am loving your color choice for the squirrel sampler. I need to FFO mine and then start a new one. Thank you for making my day, Diann. I am over the moon to see your stitches. Hugs.

Susie H said...

That squirrel sampler stole my heart too. My sister is coming in from TX tomorrow so I doubt I'll be doing much stitching for a little while but this one should be on my list after that!

Jeanna said...

Melisa is just the sweetest and so generous with her free designs. She could sell them and be quite successful. Your stitches look great. You could be her model stitcher :)