Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

I Like Thursday #354

We are back home this morning after a week away on the Oregon Coast.  It was a really enjoyable getaway, and we had a great time wandering and exploring all over the place, visiting favorite places and seeing new sights.  

We have a favorite little inn we stay at in Depoe Bay, and every room has a view of the bay - it's always changing.




I just love being by the water!


Have to get my toes in it at least once.  But it was cold!


We bought groceries and made picnic lunches each day.  Oregon parks have nice picnic areas with great views.  


I love walking down to the point at the end of the road where our hotel is located to watch the sunset.  It's another view that changes every day!


Even though I'm happy to be home again, I'm never quite ready to leave.

Until next time, Oregon!

Sharing at I Like Thursday over at Not Afraid of Color!




















17 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

What a beautiful place. The sunset photo is a contest winner, you need to enter it in a competition!

Linda said...

That spot seems to be your happy place. It certainly is beautiful, and your photos are wonderful.

Vicki in MN said...

I always enjoy seeing your Oregon vacay photos! Being by the water is just so relaxing isn't it.

PaintedThread said...

I always enjoy your photos from the coast. It's a beautiful spot.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! Your photos make me long to go visit and Oregon is one of the states I've never been to. How often do you go? I recall seeing pictures before but I have no idea if you drive? Is it far? Not that it matters - enjoying yourself by the water is all that counts. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures!! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice to get a place that has a view and that you can have picnic lunches too - after awhile I do not like eating out every day.

Angela said...

Beautiful sunset photo!

Susie H said...

Sounds like a wonderful time and how nice to be able to share it with a loved one. Your photos are so peaceful. I can practically hear the water & birds.

LA Paylor said...

I;d like to see Oregon coast, you two travelers look healthy and happy, yea!

grammajudyb said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos! It’s truly a beautiful place! I do understand the nice to be home, but hard to say goodbye.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It sounds like you had the most amazing time, Diann. Such beautiful photos of the bay and the water . I can almost hear the sounds of the waves against the rocks and the birds flying overhead. I hope you have been able to relax as you get back in routine. I agree it is hard to say goodbye to a great vacation.

Kate said...

Looks like a lovely trip. Gorgeous views!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time at the Oregon Coast. Your photos are beautiful. . .especially the sunset! It is amazing much beauty Mother Nature offers us every day!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Beautiful photos and I especially enjoy the photos of you two. Oregon seems like a beautiful state and of course, the ocean adds to the dramatic views. Growing up in Newfoundland, it is all about the ocean and I miss it. Thanks for sharing!

Laura said...

Love the photos! I have been to the Oregon coast a few times and you make me want to go back! My sister lives in Brookings...it must be time for a visit! You and your Hubby travel like we do...we shop at the market and picnic. So fun to choose a spot outdoors and enjoy nature while we eat! I am glad that you were able to go to your happy place and be refreshed! :)

Jeanna said...

Sounds like a perfect little getaway! Your photos are stunning, Dian. The scenery is gorgeous. I'm happy you had a great time.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, wow! You got some fantastic photos, Diann! Glad to hear you enjoyed you vacation.