Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, September 30, 2023

It's October...

so there should be pumpkins, right?!

I finished up this little Autumn Stamp earlier in the week!

And started something new - the Mini Pumpkin Sampler by Melisa at PinkernPunkin.  It doesn't look like much yet, but you can see Melisa's version right here!  (Scroll down past the new mini apple sampler to get to her pumpkin finish.)


I did also put some stitches into Bless Our Home, which I'm making for a 50th anniversary gift.  The words are finished up, and now I'm working on the house and tree section.


So you can tell what I'll be working on for my slow stitching today! 

On Friday, we went for a scenic drive up in the mountains.  I didn't see any pumpkins, but sure did enjoy the aspen trees and all their pretty color!




Sharing at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.





 

17 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Enjoy your day!

The Cozy Quilter said...

‘It’s the season for pumpkins and colourful leaves! Cute stitching…perfect for October!

Linda said...

I love your projects! The autumn stamp is so cute. I need to get my autumn mug cross stitch into a frame and on the wall before fall is over - lol!
Yes indeed it is October, and you are so lucky to get to see the lovely aspens. We are due cooler, rainy weather this week - I can't wait!

CathieJ said...

I love Melisa's little projects. Your Autumn Sampler is fantastic. I like your progress on the Mini Pumpkin Sampler too. The 50th Anniversary stitching is pretty. I look forward to seeing how you finish it. The leaves are just starting to change here. Enjoy your stitching.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

always love to see the aspens!

Angela said...

The bless your home project is ever so pretty!

Susie H said...

What a nice Fall drive through the aspens. Always a beautiful time of year in Colorado. Sweet Autumnal stitcheries too.

Deb A said...

What a pretty photo of the aspens! I love seeing the colors change and really miss that down here in Florida. Enjoy your stitching today.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my goodness... I just finished the squirrel sampler, and now I want to make the apple AND the pumpkin samplers! The fun is just never ending! Great job on the Autumn stamp!
Enjoy your Slow Sundsy Stitching!

Sarah said...

Such pretty projects you have on the go!

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your beautiful projects! Great work on the Autumn Stamp!

Jenny said...

Such a tiny little cushion, so cute. Autumn has arrived in your area, love those gorgeous golden trees.

grammajudyb said...

Cute little Autumn Stamp. And the pumpkin sampler is going to be adorable! Pretty soon you will have a whole year of those with the alphabet on them ! Won’t that be fun?

Jeanna said...

Your Autumn stamp cross stitch is so cute. I saw Melisa's new pumpkin stitch but have just filed it away for now. Those Aspen trees are gorgeous. Looks like a perfect ride into the mountains.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy October, Diann. Aah your Autumn Stamp is gorgeous and great start on the mini Pumpkin sampler. Thank you so much for adding them to your fall stitching. No pumpkins here either except stitched and quilted ones. How nice to be able to enjoy nature; the aspens are gorgeous. Hugs.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your Autumn project sure resembles Melisa's sample! She has the best designs! You've made good progress on the anniversary gift too! Those aspens are displaying a beautiful yellow! WOW!!!

Preeti said...

I will take Aspen trees over pumpkins everyday. Happy Fall to you. I am sure you will continue sewing up a storm as always.