Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, October 3, 2022

To-Do Tuesday #155

 Good morning, and happy Tuesday!   It's To-Do Tuesday at Texas Quilt Gal - thanks, Linda for hosting this fun link-up each week!


I've been plugging right along this week, and finished up the Bloom quilt top!  It's a small one, about 48 inches square, but has been a great learning experience for an on point setting.  

I've continued making crumb blocks from the blue bin.  I'm up to 14 now!  The goal is 20 and then I'll add the sashing that turns them into candy blocks.  Most recent photo is here.  

I had to take a time out for a quick mini quilt that I want to give to a special person who works at my mom's place.  She just announced her retirement, and will really be missed. 

I thought a heart would be appropriate, 
and the gingham for backing and binding.
This one needs a special label, too!

So, what's on the list for this week?
  • Now that it's October, the last color needed for the Masala Box quilt is light green, and two blocks are needed for that.
  • I need to get some yardage for backing on the Full Stop Quilt- it's time to get that one layered for quilting.
  • Keep making blue crumb blocks!
  • I haven't forgotten about the Frosties and sewing on the sashing and cornerstones - they're still on the list!
There's always something to work on!










9 comments:

Kathryn T said...

The Bloom top is beautiful, around 48 inches is always good in my book. I don't know what you intend doing with it. I know some like to hang their quilts - me I like them all to be something that will keep someone warm!

Carolyn said...

What a cute little basket quilt!

Linda said...

Bloom is lovely - will you keep it to warm your lap this winter and help you dream of spring? The little heart mini is going to be so cute! Thank you for sharing your projects with To Do Tuesday!

Michele McLaughlin said...

Your Bloom quilt is stunning! I love it! Love everything about it! That mini heart is adorable and your blue crumbs are coming right along! Have fun!

Vicki in MN said...

I am so happy for you that you mastered the on point basket top! Are you planning borders for this one? I am sure the worker at your mom's place will love the little heart gift. Have a good week Diann;)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I like how you added a little colouring to your tea cup design, Diann. Aren't these baskets so pretty! What a perfect job you did of them. I love how you are trying out different things with your quilting and crafts.

grammajudyb said...

Good job on getting Bloom all connected! It looks fantastic. I am sure the person at your Mom's place will love the heart mini! The gingham is a perfect touch!

Susie H said...

Your Bloom quilt top is so sweet. Would make a sweet table topper! That's awfully sweet of you to make a little heart quilt for the soon-to-be retiree. I bet she'll cherish it!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Oh your baskets are so cheery and fun! I've been using sizing more and more and it just hit me if that wouldn't be helpful for on-point work? I'll have to try it on my next one, at least in the triangles. Well yours looks great!