Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

I Like Thursday #305

Happy Thursday, friends!  The fall colors are really showing themselves around here.  We took a drive up in the mountains not too long ago, and saw this view:


But even in my neighborhood it is really pretty!

I always love my across-the-street neighbor's trees that turn red!

After I pulled all the petunias out of their pots around the end of September, these Dianthus were left, and they've been really happy and still blooming.


I finished up the squirrel and tea cup embroidery design the other day.  Thought about trying to get a picture of it outside with a few local squirrels in it, but I knew they wouldn't follow directions as nicely as this guy did!


We changed up the view above the kitchen sink this week.  In all the years we've lived here, we've never hung anything above the sink (I can't tell you why...).  But after Mike got the great whale's tail photo from our boat ride in Depot Bay, we decided to print and frame it.  Turns out this is the perfect place to hang it!



I finished this book this week and really enjoyed it!  It takes place in Scotland, so kind of fun to read about that, and, of course, in a bookshop (who can resist that?), plus there's love and heartbreak and second chances.  All good!


LeeAnna asked about favorite snacks this week, and here is one of ours:  these nuts from Costco and some dark chocolate.  A yummy combination!  It could even be considered a healthy snack?!  😎

The container is 2.5 pounds, but doesn't last long around here!

Hope you're having a great Thursday!
Thanks for visiting on "I Like Thursday," 
hosted by LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color















 

11 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

We are getting fall colors here now to, amazing how things change in a week, but with yesterdays wind lots of leaves are now on the ground. I still have petunia's and others in pots, but will have to bring them in again as I think tonight is another frost.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

:) yes that is a healthy snacks - the experts are constantly saying small portions of nuts and dark chocolate are good for you! I had a handful of almonds and 2 squares of dark chocolate last night my go to snack.
I have a window above my sink so I am looking outside trying to spot if any deer are in the woods while I clean up the kitchen

Linda said...

Your Dianthus is really thriving. I still have volunteer zinnias, morning glories, and dill. It's like nothing was able to bloom much during the horrible heat, but it's so nice to enjoy now. That is a healthy snack - I actually like nuts with no salt too. Oh that looks like a book I would like - bookshop, Scotland - yep.

Linda said...

Oh I forgot to mention, LOL on the squirrels posing in your embroidery cup! And that photo looks great above your sink. We have a blank wall too. Maybe Mike should sell "photos for above your sink" - ha!

grammajudyb said...

We like nuts here too, but right now try not to have them around. Our daughter has a severe nut allergy. So no temptation is good. I really like dark chocolate, DH not so much! *smile*
Love your whale tail photo about the sink. Much more fun when doing dishes!!!

PaintedThread said...

I've been very much enjoying the colors of the season, too! Ha - I like your view at the sink. Ooh - those nuts look good (and dark chocolate is always good!).

LA Paylor said...

yes to hanging that beauty over the stove. We stand too long at that stove not to enjoy the view! And yum to the nuts. Your embroidery is so sew cute! Gotta make note of the book right now
LeeAnna

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I have that same nut container in my kitchen. We make a point of buying one when at Costco. Tony loves dark chocolate so there is always a supply here usually from my daughters. I wish I liked dark chocolate as it is supposed to be good for you. But no, I like the milk though I rarely eat it. Lovely to have one of Mike's photos displayed and I love your embroidered piece. You'd have no problem finding a squirrel here as a backdrop. LOL

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! What pretty dianthus - I didn't know they came in a red hue. I love all the different shades they can display in such a small bud. The whale tail photo looks so perfect in the spot over the sink. It seems like the spot was just waiting for that photo to shine. Happy Friday to you. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

piecefulwendy said...

Our fall colors have come, but are soon gone. Many of the trees in our backyard are looking a bit bare. The whale photo is perfect in that spot! My purple petunias are still hanging in there, even after frost, but they won't last much longer.

Sandy Panagos said...

I loved that book! When I saw that it was your pick it made me smile.