Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, October 21, 2022

A little more progress...

 There were a few more baby steps of progress in my sewing room this week.  After deciding on a layout I liked, Masala Box came off the design wall, and is now next to the sewing machine, ready to stitch the top together.


Now up on the design wall are the sections of the Plus quilt as I stitch them together.  I'm hand-piecing these rows in groups of 4 and 6.  I did have the first two rows completely sewn together, but then realized the first section of 4 (top left) was upside down!  So I took it apart from the rest of the row and will need to re-sew.  (sigh...)

Dancing Pluses!

I have spent bits of time making blocks for the Autumn Jubilee QAL over at From My Carolina Home.  Here's where I am so far.  Two more blocks needed for the center of the tablerunner, and then borders.  

If you look back at the pile of Masala Box blocks in the first photo, 
you might be able to tell that I'm using up the last of the background fabric from
that project for the background of Autumn Jubilee.  I think it fits in perfectly 
with this fat quarter bundle!

After two weeks of not much time at my sewing machine, I'm hoping that this coming week is more back to normal.  Fingers crossed!

Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and at 






20 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Great way to use up the background fabric! I like that fabric, it's so versatile! Love all your projects but I think I'm favoring the plus quilt! Have a fun time sewing!

Vicki in MN said...

Will you keep on with the pluses or is it at the size you want now? I bet you get the Masala blocks all together this week.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love those plus blocks and the background you are using that will be a great looking quilt. What size do you plan for it?

Ivani said...

3 beautiful projects, Diann, and great progress. Have a wonderful weekend.

Sara said...

Love all 3 of your projects, and look forward to seeing how your masala blocks all look together. They are so cute and colorful.

Deb A said...

Sew exciting as the projects are drawing closer to a finish. Good catch on the plus blocks. Every time I see your pretty projects it reminds me that I need to add more 'fun' neutrals to my stash. I love how they look in your projects.

Linda said...

I love that background fabric. Your dancing pluses look great. Glad your Masala is coming together. I like your Autumn Jubilee blocks!

grammajudyb said...

Wishing you a good week of sewing! You have some wonderful projects going. I downloaded the Autumn Jubilee quilt pattern, but my cutting table is covered in R,W, and Blue!!! So many projects, so little time. Haha!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

crossing my fingers that you have fun in your sewing room this week!

Cathy said...

Any progress is good progress! Your blocks are lovely, Diann.

Cathy said...

Lots of lovely projects!

Jenny said...

You are doing wonderfully well, a foot of colour and creativity

maggie fellow said...

well done - everything looks so nice

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Autumn Jubilee is going to be SEW lovely, Diann! Congrats on bits of progress.

Jan said...

I really like the background fabric of your Plus quilt, its looking good!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great background fabric! I love your plus quilt, but then the autumn jubilee is cute too.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

All your projects are looking good!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Lots of great progress - I like how the plus one is coming along!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your plus quilt is so lovely. . .your background fabric choice is top notch!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You are making so many lovely projects Diann. So many are nearing completion. That must mean you are thinking of some new starts :)

Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!