On last week's list:
- Take down and put away all the Christmas decorations. ✔ I miss having the lights of the tree to light up the dark nights, but like having everything cleaned up, too. On to Spring! (If only!)
- Inventory my Works in Progress and write up a post about them. ✔ You can read that post HERE.
- Finish up a little quilty snowman squirrel that I had put away for too long! ✔
This is Vicki's pattern, Through the Window. I won the pattern in a giveaway she had way last winter. Vicki's tablerunner has three snowmen, but I wanted to make it for the little chest that sits by our front door, so I just made one of them and finished him off so he would fit right on top.
This week's To-Do list:
1. Add the two inch gray borders to my Tiny Tuesday quilt top and get it ready for quilting.
I have everything I need to work on this, so no reason not to, right?! :)
2. Practice some hand applique. I've been wanting to learn this for several years, so I decided it's time to give it a shot. I'm going to applique some simple hearts for a tablerunner.
I prepped my heart with freezer paper and starch - with the freezer paper template ironed to the right side of the fabric, but the starch helping me to turn the seam allowance to the wrong side.
Here's my first heart ready to stitch down!
3. I need to read the book for my upcoming book club discussion. The book is The Christmas Train by David Baldacci. I already like it, so it won't be a chore - just have to keep up with it as the week goes on!
Sharing my to-do list over at Home Sewn by Us for To-Do Tuesday!