Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, January 24, 2020

Sewing the Greens

This week I added four more trees to the Rainbow Jungle -


Here are all the January trees.

I think the trees need lots of contrast for the best effect, so I've been using both dark and light greens, plus a bit of yellow snuck its way in there, too!

Stitched up a few more green Northern Lights blocks for my "Mellow" quilt - scrappy light greens, plus blues, and grays.


And a crumb block in light and bright green bits - 


This one joins the others in my crumb block bin - there are 12 blocks in it right now that measure about 10 x 7 inches.  I could probably make these forever...


Meanwhile, still quilting - and getting closer to the end!


For more green inspiration be sure to check out ScrapHappy Saturday at SoScrappy!






17 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Neat projects.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Thanks for sharing. I love all your trees and scrappy blocks

Linda said...

I really like those Northern Lights in the Mellow shades.
I'm ready to move out of my green scraps and on to the next color!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so many shades of loveliness!! you have a lot of quilts going on!

Kate said...

Lots of green scrappy fun in your sewing room!

Cathy said...

I’m loving all your blocks this week! And chomping at the bit to see TT all finished up. It’s been a joy to watch every step of the way!

maggie fellow said...

your wonky trees don't look very wonky, cute, but, not wonky?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great additions to your RSC block collections, Diann!!

Laura said...

Love to see what you are working on, Diann! :)

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, so pretty!

Jenny said...

Lots of lovely greens, I particularly like your wonderful green jungle tree blocks.

Julie in GA said...

So many beautiful green blocks! I can't wait to see your Tiny Tuesday sampler finished!

Jennifer said...

Your trees are great! Love the pop of yellow.

piecefulwendy said...

Fun blocks, Diann! Your little forest is growing!

Deb A said...

So many fun projects in the works! Love your mellow northern lights blocks. That crumb block reminds me I have a handful of bright green parts waiting to be sewn together. I might get one more this month before it changes colors.

gayle said...

So many sweet blocks, but those trees are definitely my favorites!

Susie H said...

Great green blocks, especially your forest!