So... I just *had to* cut up a few scraps,
sew them together like this,
and finish it off with a green border, some quilting, and binding!
This measures about 11 inches square.
All because I *needed* something exactly like this for the wall of minis in my sewing room!
Yep, I needed that one!
Meanwhile, I did get some other things accomplished from last week's list.
1. Quilting is still in progress for the Basket Quilt.
2. Tiny Tuesday blocks all done for August! ✔
3/4. Handwork projects for slow stitching: I finished my EPP tablerunner! ✔ More about that in my last post.
5. Helping out a friend who had lots of family in town for a funeral. ✔ It is always a good feeling to have done that!
So for this week -
1. Really finish the Basket Quilt, lol!
2. Get started playing in the purple scraps - the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for September is purple.
- Sew up the Tiny Tuesday block whenever Angela posts one. (Angela and family are in the midst of hurricane evacuation, so we'll all just be patient this week, and have positive thoughts for their safety!)
- Make some purple string blocks similar to the light blue ones I made last week.
5. Get the house ready to host my Book Club! That means fire up Mr. Roomba and put him to work.
Plus, figure out a treat to serve to my book club friends, and (oh yeah) *Read the book!*
Hope everyone enjoyed the Labor Day holiday and is having a good start to your week! I'm linking up with Roseanne at Home Sewn by Us for To-Do Tuesday.
And with Sandra at mmmquilts because I just saw that her DrEAMi link up is still open!