Last week I wanted to :
1. Work on one of my WiPs - Floral Sawtooth Stars - and I did! Although I spent more time *thinking* about working on it than actual stitching time, lol!
One of the alternate blocks I had made was bothering me... too many dark blues in that big four patch!
So, I took it apart, cut up the big blue pieces, and remade it. Here are all 20 blocks up on my design wall, as of Sunday afternoon. The remade block is the second from the left in the bottom row.
Without driving myself too crazy, I tried to spread out the dark blues and the bright pinks, and I think I can be happy now with this layout.
2. Of course, I worked with my purple scraps, and finished up the Tiny Tuesday blocks - more about that HERE.
3/4. I finished a couple of small embroidery pieces during my evening slow stitching. These are destined to become pincushions and will be gifts for friends!
5. I made those phone calls, and got some appointments taken care of! When I called for the mammogram, the person said, "How about Thursday at 10?" Okay, so that's over with. Unfortunately I got the dreaded phone call to come back for a second mammogram and an ultra sound - darn it! That will be happening tomorrow.
Definitely on the To-Do List : Try to think positive thoughts!
Also for this week -
1. Make some more progress on my Sawtooth Star quilt - sew the blocks into rows at least!
2. More with purple - finishing up a few of those blocks that are in progress, and the Tiny Tuesday when Angela posts it.
3. I'm combining my to-dos for slow-stitching into one item. It probably doesn't even need to be on the list because I really do stitch every evening, but one thing I do need to do this week is make myself up a kit to take on an upcoming trip!
This is my travel project bag.
4. Get ready for the trip - finish up the planning and pack! Whoo hoo!
Looking forward to a little of this in my future!
Have a great week, everyone!