Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Thursday, September 28, 2017

I Like Thursday #49 - Some Miscellaneous Likes

So this was happening at our house the other day -


The tree guys came to take down an old, dying Russian Olive tree in the next-door neighbor's yard.  You can see that the tree is very close to the fence between our yards, so some of the action was also in our yard.


I was kind of sad about it at first because this tree had been there for a long time and gave us a lot of shade, but it had actually gotten pretty ugly and dangerous to the houses because of a big split in the trunk.  I don't know if you can tell, but there is a beautiful green tree just on the other side of the old tree that has become the view from our window, and I'm loving it!


I liked their truck (it's purple!) and their business name, too!  We Love Trees!  I also liked seeing Mike "supervising!"

The other day we went to Boulder and drove past this painted cement wall.  I made Mike go back for a photo!  I like all the painted designs - they remind me of EPP projects I see people doing.


I've been enjoying this book, No Scrap Left Behind, by Amanda Jean Nyberg of Crazy Mom Quilts.  She is the guru of scrap quilters and I love all of her projects.  I want to make one of each!  


I also like that I could check this book out of my local public library before deciding if I will buy it or not.  It does look like one I might want to own so I could refer back to it whenever I want.

I like planning a trip!  It's fun to send away for information and pour over the map.  You can find a lot of good stuff for traveling online, too, so I have lists of things to do, restaurants, etc.  I like looking forward to visiting one of my favorite places in the world!


Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm joining in with the I Like Thursday bloggers over at Not Afraid of Color. Thanks, as always, to LeeAnna, for gathering us together!






9 comments:

LA Paylor said...

sad to see a tree going down. I am surrounded by neighbors who hate trees and take them all down if they could. I also love trees but might be persuaded to trim one as well. Going to look for the scrap book!

Sandra Walker said...

It's always sad to see a tree come down; they took a massive one down in Lakeside Park in our town last Fall and I wrote about it on my blog. Good for you for finding a positive behind the olive. Planning! Me too, out west to see B&B at the end of October. Love libraries, I do the same thing, hmm, better go see if ours has that book!

PaintedThread said...

Neat wall. And scrappy projects always seem to be so much fun. A bummer to lose your tree, but yay for more green!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that painted wall and the quilts in your banner. I hate to see an old tree come down...we lost so many during Hurricane Irma. Enjoy your afternoon! Happy Thursday! Hugs, Diane (visiting from Lee Anna's)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Old trees are so neat..we have several what I call 'mother' trees here...fortunately deep in the woods so their branches can fall without causing harm. Amanda Jean's book is great and so is her blog, I've just discovered. It would definitely be your style of quilting, Diann.
Have fun with the travel planning...always good to have something to look forward to.

Kate said...

Lots of fun going on's at your place. That concrete wall is really cool. Hope you are still enjoying your new view.

Vicki in MN said...

I have Amanda's book also and hope to make at least one of them over the winter.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Hi! I've been following Amanda for many years. I'm email signed up for her Friday posts especially so we can see others'(about 100) creative projects. I am very impressed that your library already has her books! Sad on the tree cutting but best to be done. I see quilting in walls also. LOL. Have a great day. mary

Home Sewn By Us said...

I love planning trips, too! I love maps and all thing organizational like that. I also love these 'like' posts that I just stumbled on today. It is a great idea and I hope to join in next week. ~smile~ Roseanne