Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Sunday, September 17, 2017

A Hand Stitching Project

Football season is upon us and that means if it's Sunday, and the Denver Broncos are playing, they are on at our house.  Sometimes I disappear into my sewing studio, but sometimes I want to watch, too, and that means some hand stitching is nice to have ready.

Recently I got started on a pre-printed whole cloth piece that I found at a local quilt shop.   I bought two, and here is one still in the package.


I layered the top with some batting and a piece of muslin, and have been using some variegated quilting thread to quilt along the lines.


Very simple, not much thinking involved in this, just stitching along and enjoying the process.  I've made several of these in the past, and with a small border, a backing, and some binding they make nice little wall-hangings to give as gifts to special people.

I think I will definitely be enjoying some slow stitching today!

Linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.


12 comments:

Linda said...

What a great idea! We are big college football fans, and although I'm glued to the screen when the Sooners play, I could actually tear my eyes away during other games and do something like this. :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Wonderful little project!

Anne Ida said...

Such a sweet project.

Michele McLaughlin said...

What a great project! Enjoy!

LA Paylor said...

ready at the opening kick off...

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wonderful project for a hand quilter! Yippeee, football season is here!! I'll watch whomever is playing. Of course I cheer our Carolina Panthers first.

chrisknits said...

Cool! Neat project.

Deb said...

Great little hand stitching piece you have going, I love the Celtic Knot miniature, I have one very similar I need to start

margaret said...

what a lovely cloth you are going to have when completed, can`t beat hand stitching for relaxation booth quilting and embroidery i enjoy

Preeti said...

Hand Stitching??? You have the patience of a saint but I am curious as a cat. So, I'll be watching your progress. I am sure it will turn out beautifully.

Vicki in MN said...

I tried hand quilting once many many moons ago-I got 3 stitches and said no way!! So I applaude you!

Kate said...

What a fun project for TV time.