Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Midweek Update

 

Squirrel Alert!

Carole, at From My Carolina Home, is hosting a fun event on her blog - Christmas in July.


One of the projects is a tabletopper that I couldn't resist working on.   It just needs three fabrics - a white background, a gold, and an accent fabric.  I was lucky to find what I needed in my stash.  Both the gold with leaves and the green holly with red berries have a little sparkle to them, so that's kind of fun, too!



I started with the bell blocks - four are needed, so far I've made two.

These remind me of the handbells I played at church 
years ago as a member of the bell choir!

One star block was needed, and it went together quickly.


You can see Carole's finishing instructions here - I still need two more bell blocks, and they're in pieces and parts at this point.


I like how these are looking together!  Once I finish up the last two bells, it shouldn't take too long to get them into a top.


A quilter's got to have a squirrel project now and then, right?!

Sharing at The Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday Wait Loss.












4 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Aaw these blocks are adorable, Diann. Thank you so much for sharing about Carole's Christmas in July project. This looks like a lot of fun.

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

What a cute project! I love Christmas in July, and bells are a great and different idea. Your fabrics are beautiful.
How cool you played handbells - I used to love watching our handbell choirs and listening to them. Did you play the small ones for high notes or the big heavy ones for low tones?

Vicki in MN said...

This was a holiday squirrel that popped into your sewing room! Our DIL plays hand bells.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

More squirrels coming! Clear the decks for two weeks!!