Remember my baby cucumber from last week's Thursday post? It was harvested this week! It is tasty, too - and more are coming.
Mike and I played golf at a favorite course in the next town to the north of us the other day, and I discovered they have some beautiful rose gardens there.
Younger son and I went to a neat event at the library the other day, too. The local Astronomy Society members brought their telescopes with special filters on the them and you could view the sun! In a couple you could even see solar flares. It was very interesting!
The gals at my mom's place never disappoint with their holiday decorations. I particularly love the gnomes!
LeeAnna's question of the week is about the 4th - describe a particularly memorable 4th of July celebration you've had. This made me think of when we were young married and didn't have kids yet. We went with some friends who had a jeep, up into the foothills west of us to Horsetooth Reservoir - and you could see the fireworks in at least three different towns down on the plains below us. It was pretty neat!
I wish I had a photo of that, but too long ago! But since I love fireworks, there are plenty of photos of them in my archives, so I will leave you with this one.

15 comments:
Oh your first harvest! How wonderful. Mine are not doing so great. I was hoping to have a good harvest this year, but I do have squash. How interesting to get to look through the telescopes at the sun. It would be neat to see the solar flares. I wish you a very Happy 4th, Diann.
My harvest of tomatoes is still some time away, I only have some green ones now. Fireworks are fun when they are done by the pros. This weekend will have some anxiety as idiots nearby who want to set off fireworks illegally in their yards will create a fire danger for the neighbors here including us. We are in such a drought, and the deadfall from Hurricane Helene is still everywhere.
That's a nice cuke! Don't they grow fast? Your library adventure with you son looks like fun. I would love to go into the foothills for the 4th of July, or just go into the foothills, period - lol! Hope you have an enjoyable 4th!
Awesome that you got your first cucumber already! My vines are looking really good, so I keep my fingers crossed! How fun to see fireworks from 3 towns at once.
Oh, that would have been so cool to see three different fireworks displays!
You apparently have a green thumb, enjoy that cuke and the others that will be coming! Glad you two could get out on the course, hope the heat has lessened a bit there. We are in the midst of a hot streak (the humidity is worse).
Oh yummy cucumbers! I could never grow them to be tasty. I was queen of zucchini though! Lol!
Hooray for your first cucumber. We were camping once and someone had a telescope fitted for viewing the sun. It was interesting and the kids enjoyed it. The roses at the golf course are so pretty.
I have a rose bush with buds like that one I love it. I love fireworks and we used to go to them a lot but now we sit on the porch and watch the neighbors fireworks from across the road - I remember once when traveling we saw them in Jackson Hole WY while traveling - we had winter jackets on and gloves - my feet were so cold they turned white and when we got back to the motel I had to soak them in hot water.
oh wow, looking down at fireworks!
give me hints on growing cukes... mine are just leaves still
LeeAnna
I love little cukes like that.
Adorable cucumber! I'll bet it was delish! Loved the astromony club outside the library--so cool! And your newlywed fireworks! What a nice memory! Have a safe and happy weekend!
I'm about 90ish miles south of you, and I'm green with envy. I have not been able to get cukes to grow at all. So thankful for the Farmers Market! My husband and I used to ride around Horsetooth during the MS-150/Bike MS. I bet that would have lovely views of the fireworks.
Sounds like a fun and busy week. Your firework photo is really cool. It's hard to capture them like that. The 4th of July has always been a family get together day, I can't think of just one without remembering all the fun we had at the lake, firework displays or just eating grandma's/mom's cooking.
The astronomy event sounds really fun. I love your July 4 gnomes!
Post a Comment