Last week I shared my beginning of a placemat in aquas, and this week it is finished! Those blocks I came up with - a 2.5 inch square sewn to a 2.5 x 4.5 inch rectangle turned into this design:
A piece this size gets quilted and bound quickly, so the finish doesn't take long. I love that!
I still had a good chunk of this pretty blue-green batik
that I've used on other quilts for the backing and binding.
Here's the rainbow - it's growing every month! Some of these have been used and washed already, others set aside, maybe for gifting or donating.
But for now, I'm sticking the aqua placemat in my happy place!
Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.
And at Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!
Melva Loves Scraps for Sew and Tell Monday.
14 comments:
Another cutie, love the sprinkles background-I might even have some of that one.
That's a pretty design, and I love the spots of floral in it! I am really enjoying the ones I made. I'm saving this one to "copy"!
Such good ideas for simple placemats. Thanks for the inspiration as I have a big box of 2.5 x 4.5 rectangles.
Those quick little projects are so satisfying. The colors are so fresh and cool looking, and it looks good on your table!
Ohh, I love the aqua placemat! Well, I love all of them, honestly!!! But I can relate to the aqua style!
I love the pretty aqua colors in this
I love the colors in this one.
Well done, Diann. I love the group photo. We all need a happy place. Enjoy it! ;^)
That's really sweet Diann :-)
Thanks, Chantal! It's always enjoyable to have a new placemat for that table. Important things like coffee and the TV remote go there, lol! Plus when I am stitching in the evening - scissors and needlethreader and floss!
Love this one! Of course, the aqua is my favorite and the layout is perfect. Well done, my friend.
Love this placemat. I’m going to try to get to my sewing room this next week OT starts on Monday. Won’t know, till I begin, how often I will go.
Another pretty placemat, Diann! Love your idea making one in RSC each month, they are all so pretty.
You made good use of those teal scraps. It's nice to have projects that are quick finishes. Enjoy your rainbow of placemats.
Post a Comment