Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, July 24, 2026

A hummingbird house...

My last Rainbow Scrap Challenge block for July is a house for my Year in the Neighborhood project, and this one is inspired by our trip up to Estes Park last week.  We really enjoyed seeing the hummingbirds up there, and Mike got some good photos.


We also went to the quilt shop there which is a really nice one - Peak to Peak Stitching.  And look what had to come home with me!

Hummingbirds!  On an aqua background, too.

I decided I wanted to make a house for the neighborhood inspired by the hummingbirds.  Looking around in my stash for what to put with the hummingbird, I found this pretty purple.


And together, they became a house!

With a garden of columbine for the hummingbirds to feed in.

I made a tree for the hummingbirds, too - if you're able to watch hummingbirds for long enough, you'll see them go rest on a nearby tree branch.


The Neighborhood is coming along!


Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and at 
Quilting Learning Combo for the Quilters Cove July link-up later in the week.














No comments: