Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, September 6, 2024

A Heart for Fall

I do love fall, and even if it isn't officially here yet, I was happy to dig up some fall fabrics and start working on a patchwork heart.  I had a basket of fall prints picked out for Cynthia's block drive earlier in the summer, so I pulled it back out and started sorting.

Darker browns and lighter sandy golds.

It didn't take long to get the pieces cut and parts made for a fall heart in dark browns.


I got the alternate block sewn up, too!


Here they all are.  I just need four more blocks for a 60 x 60 quilt. 

I think I'll make a heart and a chain block from the sandy gold pile,
and then dig back into my blue scraps.  Hopefully I can find some that are a medium blue - not too light and not too dark!

Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.
Sew and Tell Monday at Melva Loves Scraps.








17 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many little squares in this quilt! If you can’t find enough medium blues, perhaps magenta would be a colour you could add?? Scrappy quilts are so fun to make and look at. Gail at the cozy quilter

Linda said...

Love your browns! It's amazing how that quilt is coming together with scraps - it's really pretty. It is 63 here this morning, and I'm ready for 40s - lol! Have a great weekend!

Vicki in MN said...

The hearts and alternates are playing together so nicely!

Kate said...

Your heart blocks are so colorful. The alternate blocks make a very cool secondary pattern. It's going to be a lovely scrappy quilt when you are done.

Michele McLaughlin said...

I love the layout and how you arranged the colors so far! Adorable blocks!

Kat Scribner said...

Diann, I LOVE your heart quilt more every time I see it !

Libby in TN said...

Love how this is coming together.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm not sure when I will get back to my RSC quilts they have kind of gotten left on the shelf for awhile - maybe this winter?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love it!!! I love the hearts with the chains - that looks really cool!

grammajudyb said...

I like browns! Bold statement,I know! Love the heart and chain block this month too! On its way to becoming a great quilt!

Deb A said...

It is beautiful in browns. Might I suggest a lighter purple for a heart and chain block. I love how this quilt is growing.

Jenny said...

Your pieced hearts are so pretty, and I lime the alternate block too. Not too many more to stitch and then another quilt top will be born.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oooh the brown heart turned out fabulous, Diann. You always have the prettiest fabrics to work with and your blocks are always so beautiful . Well done. Hugs.

Chantal said...

It's not easy to add brown to a rainbow quilt but you did a great job here. The brown heart doesn't look out of place; it just plays well with its surrounding. Bravo! Good luck with the hunt for medium blue. ;^)

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

How charming, what a great design for a rainbow of colors.

Jeanna said...

The browns look great in the fall heart. I love the sunflower in the bottom corner...so cute!

Barb N said...

Those blocks are coming together so nicely - I love it!