Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, July 13, 2024

Sunday Slow Stitching

We had a beautiful visitor yesterday!  Husband and younger son grabbed their cameras and got some photos.  

We're pretty sure this is a Tiger Swallowtail.

It fits, then, that I finished up the stitching on this heart with its sweet watering can and pretty red flowers.


I also hand-pieced the aqua hollow 9, and got pieces cut for a second one.


Today, and for the next few days, I'll be working on the mini flag sampler.  The flag is taking me awhile, but will be worth it when finished! 


Sharing at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching!

 





 

10 comments:

Linda said...

What a beautiful photo! Delaney spotted the first butterfly I've seen in my bird garden while she was here, but we did not get a photo. That one is frame-worthy. Love your little flag sampler, I might have to download one of Melisa's patterns today. I definitely feel the need to work on something patriotic.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful butterfly… always fun to see them fluttering around the garden. Gorgeous embroidery, as usual! The flag sampler is a good project for July. Happy stitching! Gail at the cozy quilter

Deb A said...

What a great shot of that butterfly! Your heart stitchery is so fun and summery. Have a great Slow Sunday.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I always love looking at butterflies and that one is perfect!

grammajudyb said...

What a great photo of the yellow butterfly on the blue pot of red petunias! Your heart block is so cute. Loving the flag sampler too!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great photo of the butterfly! Beautiful stitching, and new flag project.

Susie H said...

Great picture of the butterfly, I just love them! I'm sure she was sipping some of the petunia nectar. That's a nice embroidered watering pail. Hope you have a good weekend!

Kate said...

Tiger Swallowtails are such gorgeous butterflies. Great photo. Your heart stitchery turned out beautifully. You've got a great start on the sampler. happy stitching this week.

Jeanna said...

The butterfly is as beautiful as your embroidery, blocks and cross stitch! I'm always amazed at how much you accomplish in a week.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Great photo of the Tiger Swallowtail butterfly! I love you flag stitching. That flag is going to appear that it is waving which is my favorite view of an American flag.