Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, July 3, 2024

I Like Thursday #395

Happy 4th of July!  Whether busy or quiet, I hope you have a wonderful day!  We're planning an easy dinner - hotdogs on the grill and pasta salad.  I hope to walk down to the park to watch the fireworks in the evening - fingers crossed that the weather stays nice for that! 


We took our new car for a little scenic drive the other day.  It was very enjoyable just to cruise through the foothills and see how it went.  So pretty up there - quite green considering the dry spring we've had.





Somehow we ended up at a...


Odell Brewing Company is a fairly well-known brewery in Ft. Collins, and awhile back they started the OBC Wine Project right next door. It's kind of a fun complex, with indoor and outdoor sitting areas, food trucks, and other events.


I like how they served my wine!


I just finished this book, and it is soooo good!  Definitely recommend.



Have a fun day, friends!
Joining in with I Like Thursday at Not Afraid of Color.















8 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Happy Fourth! I What a terrific drive. I too enjoyed "Horse." What a great story!

Linda said...

Your pot of flowers and flags is so pretty. The winery excursion looks like fun and what fun to get in the car and drive right into the mountains!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Happy 4th and have fun taking drives with your new car

Nann said...

Happy Independence Day! Looks like a nice excursion. I got a copy of Horse at a thrift shop a couple of months ago...have yet to crack it open. I've got several dozen new books to read as a result of the ALA conference.

Susie H said...

How nice to have such a nice drive in your new car. Who would've guessed it would have taken you to a winery! Best.Car.Ever!!! Lol! Happy 4th of July!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Happy 4th!! Your new car should be in a parade today, being that fun red color and all!!!

Angela said...

Enjoy the hotdogs and fireworks!

PaintedThread said...

Looks like a fun day. Happy 4th!