Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, February 27, 2023

To-Do Tuesday #172

I'm joining in again this week with the To-Do Tuesday link-up, hosted by Carol at Quilt Schmilt.  It's been a good week for getting some things done - especially getting my chandelier quilt layered and spray-basted so I could begin quilting it.



I've also been keeping up with making the border blocks for the Stay at Home Round Robin project - last week's were square in a square blocks.


I even got a chance to just play a little with some scraps from my solids drawer, as inspired by Wendy at Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life.  These are from the Dreamlines 2023 Art Project at Serendipity Studio.  If you sign up for her newsletter, it comes with a monthly prompt.  Since I haven't played with any kind of improv sewing in a long time, I thought this would be fun to try!

What this will turn into is anybody guess!
My goal is just to play and do something different
during my sewing time.

So what's going on this week?
  • Quilting on the chandelier quilt is actually finished  It just needs trimming and binding, so that's No. 1 on the list!
  • The final border idea for the SAHRR is pinwheel blocks.  I've gotten a start on them, with the HSTs, but lots more to make.
Once the pinwheels are made, it will be decision-making time.
The final quilt parade for all the Stay at Home Round Robin projects
 is coming up on March 13th!

  • There are still HSTs to make for the Scrap Dance Quadrille QAL at From My Carolina Home, and I'll play some more with the Dreamlines prompts.  A new one should come out on Wednesday!
  • March will bring a new color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge - what will it be? As soon as I figure that out, there will be blocks to make for a couple of projects.
Lots to do!










15 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

I like the pop of polka dots in the square in a square blocks. Have a great week!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Great progress on multiple projects!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like you have made a bit of progress on your projects and that first one just needs binding?

PaintedThread said...

Skinny little yellow lines! I like how your border is progressing. And yay for starting to quilt the chandeliers!

piecefulwendy said...

Your SAHRR is looking great! Love the fabrics you're using for the Serendipity project. I have no idea where mine is going either!

Ivani said...

All your projects are comming along very well. Looking forward to seeing your progress on improv sewing quilt. The straight yellow line block makes me think it could be a road/street...who knows.

Kathryn T said...

I love your chandelier quilt, and really look forward to seeing it all finished up.

Sharon - IN said...

Your Chandelier quilt is so colorful! Lovely! As is your SAHRR. Those look like tiny scraps and a fun improv project.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

The chandelier quilt really looks good (I love making those!) and you're so close to a finish. You do have lots going on and are making good progress! Yay!

grammajudyb said...

Glad your Chandelier Quilt is nearly a quilt! I especially like your SAHRR. Well done. Dreamlines Project sounds interesting. I'll be watching.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oooh, I can not wait to see what you do with your improv piecing. Eeeh! Chandlier Quilt is fixing to be quilted. It is another one of my favs that you have been working on. Happy March, Diann.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

It looks like it's going to become a road and a train tracks! On a child's play mat, maybe? I love how your SAHRR is progressing! And your chandelier quilt is moving along great, Diann!!!

Kat said...

You’ve introduced another squirrel in my path! Your improv pieces intrigued me and I followed the link, signed up for the Serendipity project AND signed up for a class!

I love your happy bow tie blocks. So sweet!

Linda said...

Nice progress on Chandelier! Your SAHRR is just adorable, love the blues. Have a great rest of the week!

Carol Andrews said...

Both the Chandelier Quilt and your SAHRR are beautiful! Congrats on all you got Done last week. Hope this week is going as well! Thank you for linking with TDT.