Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, February 13, 2023

To-Do Tuesday #170

Good morning, and Happy Valentine's Day!  💖  it's been about a month since I wrote a To-To Tuesday post, and I'm ready to be back!

My last to-do list in January was purposely light as I knew I had things coming up that might get in the way of my sewing time.  Fortunately it has turned out that I have been able to sew!

I finished the Frosty the Snowman quilt, and it is hanging on this wall in my sewing room!

Previously in this spot, I've had a fall-themed wall-hanging (for a couple years!), so it's looking like I'll need a spring/summer-themed to rotate in eventually!

I also embroidered this Kathy Schmitz design, "Cozy Up."  I'm thinking of bordering it with either the darker brown dots or the lighter brown with tiny flowers.


This week, I'm planning to...
  • Get my chandelier quilt sandwiched for quilting.
  • Work with some more pink scraps for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects.  

These sound doable!  Have a great week!  Joining in with To-Do Tuesday with Carol at Quilt Schmilt.







16 comments:

Ivani said...

Frosty quilt is lovely Diann. Cozy up is very pretty, love you add some extra colors painting it, very cool!
All those beautiful pink scraps and blocks are perfect for your RSC projects,I like the hearts. Happy Valentine's Day!!

Vicki in MN said...

So glad the eye surgeries didn't bother to much and you were still able to sneak in some sewing time! Frosties turned out perfect, I do think you will have to whip up a springtime hanging to change out. Your new stitchery is sweet also.

PaintedThread said...

The snowmen look great. I'm looking forward to seeing the chandelier quilt quilted.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the snowman wall hanging turned out great - I didn't see the link up this morning on Carole's Blog I will go look again

grammajudyb said...

You have some great pink blocks In construction. Bet it feels good to have Frosty the Snowman hanging up. There is a bit of winter left and the red and white looks good this time of year! Happy Valentine’s Day to you and DH. Our littles are coming over after school to pick up there treat bags. They will probably be all sugared up from Valentine parties in the classrooms!

Jeanna said...

It's nice to see a photo of Frosties hanging in your sewing room. Love your SAHRR project.

Linda said...

Those Frosties look so cute hanging in your room! I love your Cozy Up. Either one of the browns would look great with it.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

A very cute finish! Glad you are able to be back at it! :o)

piecefulwendy said...

Good to see that you are sewing a bit! Frosties look so cute hanging there, and just right for Valentine's Day with all that pink! You have a good list to work on this week!

Libby in TN said...

Valentine greetings to you, too. Looks like you are moving things right along (unlike me).

Kathryn T said...

Frosty is so cute and in time to still celebrate some of your winter. Love the cozy up too, does indeed look very cozy.

Carol Andrews said...

Diann you have been busy. I love your Frosties quilt hanging so nicely to show it off and enjoy. Both of the fabric choices for Cozy Up work but I like the lighter brown. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. I hope you have a great week moving your projects along and Happy Valentines Day to you.

Sharon - IN said...

Your Frosty rework is adorable! As is Cozy Up - I like the brown with tiny flowers to border it. Have fun with all your projects!

Astrid said...

Your Frosties are really cute in red. Love the Cozy Up and you have some pretty pink blocks.

Kate said...

Congrats on finishing off the snowmen, it looks really cute. It's always good when we find a place or need for a new quilt. Looking forward to what you come up with for spring and summer. Good luck with this week's to do list.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Beautiful hanging and is that penguins on that pretty pink material. So cute. Love that easy arm chair too.