Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, April 18, 2022

To-Do Tuesday #134

Good morning!   I'm joining in with Linda and friends at Texas Quilt Gal for the To-Do Tuesday link-up, sharing what I've been working on and my new list for this coming week.


I hope everyone had a lovely Easter!  I hosted dinner for my mom and several other extended family members, so that made the weekend pretty busy with preparing, hosting, and clean up, but it was all worth it.  Of course, I was so into all of that I never took a single picture, so you'll just have to take my word for it!  

In the sewing room, progress has been made on my list from last week:
  • The main section of Full Stop is together!
This measures about 50 x 60, and I'd like it to be a little longer, 
so I think I'll add a border at top and bottom before I consider it a completed top.

  • Pink blocks for my current Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks are completed for April:

  • One pillow cover is finished, see my Sunday post here.
  • And, I'm continuing to hand quilt the charm pack quilt, but no photos.
What's up for this week?
  • A border on Full Stop
  • Work on my April Table Scraps project - top is done and it's ready to quilt.
  • Start cutting for PopStar QAL.  So far, I'm just getting myself organized for that job - pressing fabric, making a list of what's needed, and designating a project box for the pieces.  Hopefully, I'll be able to start sewing next weekend when the first steps are released.

It should be a busy week!  









13 comments:

piecefulwendy said...

Sounds like you had an enjoyable Easter together with your family. Full Stop is a fun quilt! Those little pink blocks are cheery and fun!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the variety of projects you are working on - many create much interest. I didn't get good photos over Xmas there were too many and it was in and out, children running all over the place that I couldn't keep track of who was who as there were some friends of various family members there too and I didn't know who they even were!

grammajudyb said...

I'm glad your Easter was enjoyable. I'm sure your mom enjoyed it too. I'm awful about taking photo during family visits. We only Zoomed with some of our family. One granddaughter and her fiance were spending the day with others. They are in Vermont, so the time difference is sometimes an issue. 10AM, a decent hour for our son in CA is 1pm for them, middle of the day, middle of their celebration. It is what it is.

Linda said...

Your Easter celebration sounds fun. We don't get photos either, and we used to do pictures all the time. And our phone cameras are much easier to use than the "regular" cameras we used to lug around - what's up with that? Looks like you have a busy week ahead of you - good luck with those pretty projects. :)
Thanks for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

chrisknits said...

Lovely projects all! Good luck with the week's list.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! Pretty fabrics you selected for PopStar! And your pink blocks look like fun. Great job on keeping up with the color each month. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Kathryn T said...

Your full stop top has taken a lot of work - must be nice to feel the ending coming up. Love the pink rainbow scrap challenge blocks. And into another QAL, always fun to get into one. All the best for the coming week.

ishikasingh said...

I think you have written this content very thoughtfully, and it is great that every person has some skill in life and you also have a skill, using which you write a beautiful post. I am very happy to see your post, hope you will keep writing such posts in life. you are the best post writer. VIP Girl Bhiwadi
Gurugram Girl Number
IMT Manesar Girl low price
Hyderabad Party Girl
College Girl Gurugram
newly married Girls Bhiwadi
VIP girl mahipalpur
gurugram girl number

The Joyful Quilter said...

It's a top? Your Full Stop is a quilt top. LOVE it!!! I think a top and bottom border will be just right to add a bit of length. It could probably accommodate up to a 5" border on both ends.

Mary said...

Those Plus blocks with the low volume are great. I haven’t done a project with low volume fabric for a long time, but I am about to start one. Have a great day!

Susie H said...

Lots of busyness means reward quilting! Lots of pretty projects and I'll be curious to see your Popstar blocks!

Vicki in MN said...

So nice you could spend Easter with family. I just finished up my table scraps for April. Soon I need to work on my OMG project, I kinda put it to the side and forgot it!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! Safe travels and enjoy the time with your son. First golf outing of the season - how wonderful did that feel?!! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne