Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, April 25, 2022

Pop Star update and To-Do Tuesday #135

On my to-do list last week was to get started cutting for the PopStar QAL at mmmquilts, which I never actually got around to!  Since the first sewing steps were released on Saturday, I ended up cutting a little and sewing a little, which works out just fine.  We're starting with HSTs and flying geese.  I'm already liking the blues with w-o-w background - very soothing!

Some pieces are sewn and trimmed to size, others still in progress.  I'll keep going on these this week, and should be ready for the next steps coming up on Saturday.

What else was on last week's list?
  • Add a small border to the top and bottom of Full Stop.  ✔  Done!  See my post here.
  • Finish up the April Table Scraps project.  ✔  Done!  Need to write up a post about it to share at the end of the week.
Up next for the coming week:
  • Keep going on PopStar sewing - HSTs and flying geese
  • Finish up quilting on Charm Pack quilt, get binding made and sewn on.
  • Finally finish this little embroidery design into a pillow cover.  It's been on the list before, but I set it aside.  Now my friend's birthday is coming up next week, so I'd better get on that!

Joining in with Linda and friends at Texas Quilt Gal for the To-Do Tuesday link-up! 








12 comments:

Ivani said...

Sweet embroidery, Diann, and you made a lot of flying geese and HTS units. Great color combo. Have a great week!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like those blue fabrics for the flying geese

grammajudyb said...

I really wanted to do Pop Star. But I don't have appropriate amounts of fabric! A LQS is closing, so will have a big sale. Maybe I can get out there to purchase some background. I'll keep tabs on the QAL. I love Sandra's format on her other QAL's. I'm anxious to see the pillow for your friend. I love that design from Jennifer Reynolds.

Linda said...

Nice colors on your QAL. Love that little embroidery, what a cute pillow that will make.
Thanks for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

Bonnie said...

Look at those wonderful blues and white? Or is it yellow? On my iPad the colors look blue and yellow. Either makes a lively start.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! Those fabrics for PopStar look so good together. I'm a big fan of blue, though, so of course, I would be drawn to it. That little stitching for your friend is so darn cute. What a nice pillow that will make! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Vicki in MN said...

I thought I was going to jump on the pop star wagon, but in the end I have so many other things I need/want to do that I decided I better not cram another thing on my plate! But I will enjoy watching your progress. Did you get snow?

Kathryn T said...

Love the borders on your punctuation quilt. yes I love making tops and then comes backing and quilting and for me that all piles up!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Such beautiful quilting lines Diann, in your last post.
And love this little embroidery piece for a pillow...will be a lovely gift!

Sandra Walker said...

Ooh, this is coming together so nicely! And I really like your Contentment stitching, such a truism.

MissPat said...

I'm playing catch up today as your last 3 posts showed up today in a single email. Both blogger email notifications and Bloglovin' have been so erratic lately, it's hard to keep up. Anyway, the Writing Rainbow finish is wonderful, you're making good progress on the hand quilting and I'm sure you'll finish the pillow in time for your friends birthday. After hitting 82 on both Sunday and Monday, we have 38 and snow flurries today.
Pat

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Aren't geese so fun to sew? They have to be some of my faves for just sewing and sewing! Your embroidery is beautiful, too!