Good Morning! I'm joining in with Linda and friends at Texas Quilt Gal for the To-Do Tuesday link-up, sharing what I've been working on and my new list for this coming week.
There's plenty on my list to do this week, but guess what I did... I played with something new. I met a friend for a walk last Thursday and she passed along a little kit that someone had given her that she knew she wouldn't ever use. I don't make much from kits anymore, but this is small, so I thought, "Why not?!" Here's what it looks like:
It turns out that the pieces are really tiny - lots of 1.5 inch HSTs and 4 patches among other things. I think the whole mini quilt isn't much bigger than about 12 - 14 inches square! The round-ish shapes are wreaths and they are 3.5 inches after you put them together.
Meanwhile, I have worked on some of projects that have recently been on my list!
- I needed to find a backing for "Welcome, Frosty," and realized that I had the perfect thing for it right in my stash!
This is a 1/2 yard piece that I think I got in an order from Bernie before her shop closed, and it's just been waiting to be needed. I was so excited when I remembered I had it!
So, Frosty is layered and some quilting done in this picture. Buttons will be sewn on for his eyes, and I also found some snowflake buttons to stitch on in a few places, like Vicki shows in her pattern.
- I've also made a bit of progress on a couple Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts: continuing to sew sashing and cornerstones on Easy Breezy blocks (almost done with that), hand quilting Trip Around the Rainbow, and got a start on planning out how to finish up the Full Stop quilt top.
I decided the row of hyphens would determine the width, and it measures 49 inches. So the rows you see here will form the bottom section of the quilt and my next step is to bring them up to that width with the period blocks forming the left side.
For the coming week, my list includes:
- Sorting through my current projects to make an organized list for what I'll be working on in 2022
- Finishing the little wreath mini
- Finishing up "Welcome, Frosty!"
- Finishing up Trip Around the Rainbow
- Making progress on other Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects
Happy New Year to all my To-Do Tuesday friends!