Merry Christmas Week to all! Is your To-Do list a long one this week? I'm joining in with Linda and friends at Texas Quilt Gal for the To-Do Tuesday link-up, sharing what I've been working on and my new list for this coming week.
I guess you could say that Christmas already came to our house, as our sons were home over the weekend and we celebrated early. It was wonderful to be able to bring my mom over, too - all my favorite people were in the house at the same time!
Last week's to-do list was all about getting the house ready for our kids to come home: cleaning, planning meals, buying the groceries, so that was all checked off. I didn't have time for much sewing, but have been making up for that today, lol!
- The little braided tablerunner has its binding sewn on and ready for hand stitching down tonight after dinner.
- I've continued to sew sashing and cornerstones to the Easy Breezy blocks, and that step is about halfway to completion now.
- I also pulled out the rows for Full Stop, this year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge sampler, and started puzzling out how everything will fit together into a quilt top. More on that next week!
So, on this week's list:
- A little more Christmas - bake some cookies, wrap a gift for my mom, make our Christmas dinner on Saturday.
- Make lots of time for reading, hand stitching, and time in my sewing room!
- Finish binding the braided tablerunner.
- Welcome Frosty ( click link to see Vicki's pattern) still needs to be quilted and finished. Before I can do that, I need a backing fabric. (Maybe I need a trip to my LQS?!)
- Make progress on RSC quilts, especially try to finish Scrappy Rainbow Trip Around the World! Can I finish it by the end of the month? I'm going to try!
To-Do: finish hand quilting, trim, and sew on the binding.
Have a wonderful week, friends!
Merry Christmas week to you!
Enjoy family time! Merry Christmas to all of you
So glad you could have the family together! Merry Christmas dear Diann! Still in love with your rainbow quilt!
your quilt is looking wonderful and nice to have your house busy - sometimes celebrating before the actual holiday works out well - nice to have your boys and your mom I bet.
I'm so glad you had all your family together for food and fun. :) Easy Breezy is really coming together, and I LOVE your Scrappy Rainbow. What's for Christmas dinner?
Since Jenni is coming on Christmas Eve, we'll do leftovers on Christmas. We talked about going out to eat but just hanging around the house sounds better. ;)
Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!
Merry Christmas to you too!! That is a great pic! Enjoy your fam time, esp having Mom. Have really been missing mine over the last few weeks, and even just this morn, and it's so good to see others enjoying quality mom-time!
Merry Christmas, Diann! So fun to see the photo of you, your mom and your sons! You have some fun projects lined up for Christmas. I'm sure you'll get that quilt done!
What a wonderful time, to gather with family!
A very Merry Christmas to you, Diann. It is so wonderful to hear that your sons and mom were able to come over. How perfect. You have a lot to keep you very busy this week .Your Easy Breezy is looking fabulous. Have a very blessed week.
The white in the Easy Breezy quilt really lets those pretty colors shine. Happy Holidays!
LOVE that you took the time to take a generations photo with your mother and sons, Diann!
Post a Comment