Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, November 29, 2021

To-Do Tuesday #114

 Good morning!  I'm joining in with Linda and friends at Texas Quilt Gal for the To-Do Tuesday link-up, sharing what I've been working on and my new list for this coming week.


With last week being Thanksgiving, and with our plans to spend some days away from home, I didn't have much of a to-do list.  We did have a fun little road trip, spent time with our kids, ate turkey and pie, and hope all of you did as well!

So, today I'm starting fresh with a new list - not new projects! - just an updated list.

When I left home last week, this is how I left my sewing table:

I was finishing up the final row for Full Stop, the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2021 sampler, and starting to sew blocks into rows on my Crumb Hearts quilt.   Since we returned home, I've finished up the Full Stop row and set it aside.  More on that one later!

To focus on this week:
  • Sewing the Crumb Hearts blocks into rows, and into a quilt top.
  • Work on the layout for the Easy Breezy blocks, which I actually started on today.  Here's what I'm thinking:
 
Framing the blocks with neutral sashing and 
using a Kona medium blue for cornerstones.
For a 5 x 6 block setting, I need two more blocks.

So I pulled out some scraps, got the pieces cut, 
and started putting those two blocks together today.
(Along with those Crumb Hearts rows!)

  • And you might have noticed something else on my design wall in the photo above - my not-so-secret (anymore) sewing project, Vicki's Welcome Frosty wall-hanging.  The basic piece is made, now it needs to be quilted, and Frosty's face added.  This is a gift for someone, but the get together is postponed until January.  Meanwhile, I'm keeping it on my list for finishing up!
I think that will do it for me this week!  What's on your list?










15 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Great projects Diann! I love how cheerful your work is, you constantly inspire me with your ingenuity!!! Have a safe and happy day!

Kate said...

Easy Breezy is looking good, you've got a great plan to go forward with. That's always my stumbling block, how to make a set of blocks a quilt. Good luck with your list this week.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lots of stitching fun on your list, Diann!! Hoping you find plenty of time to work through it all.

Libby in TN said...

Great setting for Easy Breezy! Love your hearts, too.

Vicki in MN said...

Well don't cha know I spied Frosty right away!! I love that you are doing a blue background, I might need to try one like that.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your design wall full of such colorful projects

piecefulwendy said...

You have some happy projects on your wall - Frosty is looking really good!

Susie H said...

Great idea to have consistent corner stones for the Easy Breezy blocks. Welcome back! Glad you had a nice visit with the kids.

Sandy Panagos said...

I did notice that little gem hiding in the background on your design wall. That looks like it will be fun!

grammajudyb said...

Easy Breezy is looking good. As are your crumb hearts! You are getting to the finish line with lots of projects! Hooray!

Sharon - IN said...

Those crumb hearts are speaking to me! All your designs are bright and cheery!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Those crumb hearts are looking so cute!!! And yes, I thought of Vicki when I noticed the beginnings of a snowman!

Linda said...

Ah ha on Frosty! I always enjoy looking at your design board, and I love the layout of your Easy Breezy blocks. I think the Kona blue will look great!
Thanks for linking to To Do Tuesday!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I am very partial to the hearts with the speckled fabric all around--looks like they're just spreading the love! I'm enjoying seeing all you have going on....and feeling so behind myself! LOL

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! Your new list of projects looks like a good one. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the crumb heart rows. What a fabulous project. I also think the addition of the medium solid blue as cornerstones looks marvelous! Good choice. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne