Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

I Like Thursday #260

 Happy Thursday!

I am grateful!

I am especially thankful to share my life with this guy.  Happy Veterans Day to him!

This was taken at one of our favorite places - Depoe Bay, Oregon.

Stitching this week:  a sweet redwork snowman!  This is a design from Melisa at PinkernPunkin Quilting.  She's sharing a snowman every Thursday for an embroidery/quilt project, and I thought I'd join in.  She is so generous with her designs!

Just a little more to do!

Reading this week:

I really enjoy this murder mystery series, so I was happy when it became available from the library.  And it looks like a #22 is coming soon, too!

And speaking of murder mysteries, we discovered "Grantchester" this fall.  It's on PBS right after "Call the Midwife" on Sunday nights.   I know it's been around for several seasons before this, and I wish we had started watching sooner.  We've really been enjoying it!


Hope you've been having a great week!  Thanks for visiting on "I Like Thursday" hosted by LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color.











9 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute embroidery. I love Grantchester, especially with the hunky James Norton. The stories can be a little dark at times, but awesome series. Cute embroidery.

Vicki in MN said...

I thought about doing Melissa's redwork but instead I am doing one of her little cross stitch designs. Please thank your hubby for his service.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

LOL - I was just looking at the woman's murder club books yesterday and put the 3rd one on my phone for audio - so many of them are unavailable - I know I have read a couple of them but don't remember which ones so thought I'd start from the beginning only to find the first two not available. I guess I will have to put myself on the list to wait for them.

grammajudyb said...

When I finish The President’s Daughter! I’ll look for that mystery series. Thanks for both recommendations. I think I’ll check out Melissa’s snowmen. I could use another embroidery project for our “time away”.

Linda said...

Please thank Mike for his service! Yes it really is special to start our days with our sweethearts. That embroidery is adorable! We watched Grantchester a couple years ago and loved it.

piecefulwendy said...

Please give my thanks to Mike for his service, Diann. I haven't read the Patterson series, is this a specific series? I know very little of his books. Love the little snowman! We watched the earlier episodes of Grantchester, but aren't as keen on it now. I liked the earlier lead actor better (can't recall his name).

Libby in TN said...

I've been a Grantchester fan for years. I agree with Wendy that the first lead actor was more likeable (and fragilely human) than the current one. But both are excellent in the part. I cried when Leonard got put in jail and the housekeeper called him "Little Boy."

PaintedThread said...

I love Grantchester. Happy Veteran's day to your very own veteran.

Preeti said...

I have been listening to Sandra Brown but I will add James Patterson to my list of writers. Happy Veterans Day to the veterans in your life. I surprised Paul when I showed up with lunch at his office :-)