Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, November 20, 2021

Slow stitching this week...

 I've been doing all kinds of hand stitching this week.  Early in the week, I made a little progress on hand quilting the rainbow trip around the world.


But then, I switched over to sewing the binding on my Positivity quilt.  That took a couple of evenings!


By Thursday, when I remembered that Michelle at PinkernPunkin Quilting would have a new Frosty on her blog for some redwork embroidery, I decided to work on last week's Frosty on his sled.

This one has an adorable little bird riding along, too!

I printed out the new Frosty, and need to get him traced and ready to stitch.  He'll be perfect to take along on our Thanksgiving road trip.

This time Frosty's getting his Christmas tree, and so is his little bird friend!

I'll be stitching on Frosty for my slow Sunday stitching, (or maybe doing some hand quilting on the TATW!)
and joining in with everyone at Kathy's Quilts.








16 comments:

Linda said...

Your hand stitching looks pretty on those little penguins. :) I thought of you last night when I was doing backstitch and stem stitch. Those snowmen are so cute!

Libby in TN said...

Love your Frosties. Will you do the trees in red or green?

Deb A said...

Great variety of projects this week! Love the TATW and those Frosty's are adorable.

Denise :) said...

What a cute line-up of Frostys! I love to sit under a quilt I'm working on ... the best long winter's night work! Have a great rest of the day!! :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have some Xmas stitching in red work that I started about 3 years ago and it has been sitting aside for 2 years now - when will I pull it back out to work on LOL - I really lost interest in it.

MissPat said...

I keep falling behind on my blog reading and comments. First off, condolences on the passing of Mike's Mom, but how fitting that the week was balanced by a Zoom wedding. You've got so many great projects underway. Congratulations on finishing the Positivity quilt. Are you visiting your sons for Thankgiving?
Pat

Karrin Hurd said...

You've gotten a lot accomplished! Those snowmen are adorable. Happy Thanksgiving and hope yo have a great week!

Ivani said...

You made progress on all the fronts. I am in love with Melissa's snowmen, but resisting to start a new embroydery. I have a lot do do on my pockets.
Have a wonderful trip and week.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Cute snowmen! Great project to take with you when travelling.

Kim said...

You certainly have been busy with all your lovely stitching. Those little snowmen are sweet. They are the perfect pretties to work away on for your Thanksgiving trip. May your Thanksgiving be a lovely one.

CathieJ said...

I love those Frosty patterns. Enjoy your stitching on your road trip as well as your quilting and finishing that binding. Happy Thanksgiving!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Yay for the binding on positivity.
Your Redwork is Amazing!! those will be so wonderful!

piecefulwendy said...

The Frosties will be fun to watch! Always enjoy seeing your projects and progress!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the frosty series!
And that is an awesome photo of you stitching the positivity binding!

chrisknits said...

Wonderful progress on everything! Frosty is sooo cute.

Susie H said...

Lots of good handwork! Thanks for the link for the snowmen embroideries! Have a safe trip.