Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, September 25, 2020

A DrEAMi in red and other scrappy progress...

You might remember that I made a postage stamp block a few weeks ago, and couldn't decide if I wanted to make any more of them.  Well, this week, I was in the mood to finish up something mini, so I took that block, quilted it up, and here it is!


I used a small piece of this fun beachy fabric for the backing and a strip of some rainbow stripe for the binding.


This fits really nicely on one of our bedside tables.

Which means I might need to make another one 
for the table on the other side!  😉

September has been full of other red sewing, too.  This week, I finished up the red zigzag row.

A yellow row is all that's left to make,
 and then these will be ready to sew together!

Throughout the month I've made some Easy Breezy blocks with red scraps,


the red corner section of the double 4 patch project,


and way back at the beginning of September, the red trees for Rainbow Jungle.

Just need yellow trees for the jungle now, too!

I love red month in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday!  And at mmmquilts for the September DrEAMi link-up.




















23 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Red is a fun color and it is so neat to see your projects progress! Are you doing the 4 inch or 6 inch Easy Breezy quilt blocks? I have the instructions up in the sewing room and I might use this pattern later this year. Have a wonderful weekend Diann!

Deb A said...

Red is a fun color to work with. Your blocks all look great. Love how you finished off the postage stamp little quilt.

Carol R. said...

I like all that you've done with the reds - me, nope, nada - well, there's always next year, right? I'm especially liking the zigzag piece; I'm not a fan of the zigzag normally, but yours is 'speaking' to me. :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Ravishing RED progress this week, Diann!! Your mini finish looks pretty on the bedside table. SEW glad you didn't catch PSP2020! I'm still trying to avoid catching it, too. :P

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wasn't red month fun? Love your postage stamp finish, and all the great blocks. It's get exciting now, only one more month of blocks left to go!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

really really like that zig-zag row quilt and might do that idea for next years RSC if I take part - I have done it two years and might take a break from that one and concentrate on others

Linda said...

Love all your blocks, especially the red trees, easy peesies and zig zags. You are definitely going to have some great quilt finishes by year end. Just show what super quilts can be made from scraps. Yes, you will have to make a second bedside table mat, the first one is delightful.

Susie H said...

Very cute bedside table mat. Will the 2nd one be yellow -- October color-of-the-month? Great projects all!

piecefulwendy said...

Fun projects, and a cute little table mat for your bedside table! I thought of you the other day when I saw Em's Scrapbag's wonky trees tutorial. Happy Saturday!

LA Paylor said...

you've gotten so much done!

Cathy said...

So many cute projects finished or moved ahead. September was a good month for you. Hope you and Mike are doing well!

Donna T. said...

Who won the Orphan Adoption?

PaintedThread said...

I love those zig-zag rows!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Cute mini quilt--
and lovely red blocks--I really like how your zig zag one is coming along--
luv, di

Cathy said...

Didn't like making those PS blocks, huh? Well at least you turned your trial into something fun and useful.

Like everyone else I love that Zig Zag.

Jenny said...

Such a wonderful assortment of RSC blocks. I especially love the zig zag rows and can hardly wait to see your rainbow jungle all complete!

Angie said...

Cute mini! And all your on-going RSC projects just keep chugging along!

MissPat said...

You'll be wrapping up a few neat projects with yellow pretty soon. That zigzag quilt is just so happy. I think using a variety of low volume fabrics instead of a constant color really livens it up. I need to start figuring out what to do for RSC2021. I skipped this year and since we aren't going south this winter because of Covid, I won't have any excuse for falling behind.
Pat

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I just love your zig zag quilt!

Louise said...

Fun mini! Does that mean you're not going to make more postage stamp blocks? At least you have one completed, start to finish :)

Sandra Walker said...

Wow you’ve done so well with red! I love the bedside table mat and especially the ‘may need to make another for the other table’ comment! Thanks for linking up another squirrel at DrEAMi!

gayle said...

I love all your blocks so much!
And in a pinch you could use your postage stamp block as a checkerboard!

Katie Z. said...

I love your blocks!