Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, April 27, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #35

Happy Tuesday, friends!  Hard to believe it is almost the end of April... Hope you are all hanging in there and getting lots done!

I can definitely check one thing off from last week's list!

My tiny rails blocks are a quilt top!

Measures about 50.5 x 50.5

I also put on the list to start cutting the pieces for my version of Centred for mmmquilts' QAL.   This is how far I got on that:

Meanwhile, the directions for Block A are out, so I need to get moving on this!

Number 3 on the last week's list was to get a quilt basted for quilting, but that didn't happen because the batting I ordered hasn't arrived yet.  I knew that was a possibility, so I'll just put that on the back burner for when it does arrive!

So, for the coming week:

1.  I had almost forgotten about the April Color Challenge block!  The pieces are cut and sections sewn together.  They just need to be trimmed and the final seams sewn.  This needs to be done today so I can link them up before the end of the month!


2.  Make some progress on my Centred project.  If I get pieces cut and sewn just for Block A, I'll be happy!

3.  Stitch block #6 for the Book Club Hand-pieced QAL,  named after Jo of Little Women.  Pieces are all cut, and I'll be working on this each evening this week.


Whew... lots of QALs in my life right now!  But it's all fun, so why not?

Linking up with Roseanne at Home Sewn by Us for To-Do Tuesday.










11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think "tiny rails" is one of my favorites - something about the color arrangement I guess

Vicki in MN said...

I am so happy for you that you were able to put tiny rails all together! Sending good thoughts that you are able to complete all your goals this week;)

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! WOWEE - that tiny rails quilt top is just gorgeous. Your layout choice looks so good - like moving through a rainbow of colors. I have in my mind figuring out the cutting for Centred, as well. I was going to use a variety of colors, so I'm going to wait to see Sandra's second version and how she chose her colors/fabrics. Your color block for April looks so pretty! I love the centerpiece and how the other two fabrics pull out those shades from it. Cute fabrics for the Jo block! Such happy and fun fabrics. Thank you for linking up and good luck with your list for this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

Anonymous said...

I love your Tiny Rails Quilt! It is so interesting to look at. And the colors are lovely!

Michelle

piecefulwendy said...

Love the tiny rails! How fun to have that one done. Your blocks are looking good, and I'm liking what you've picked for the QAL. Can't wait to see what other fun things you tuck in to do here and there!

Unknown said...

those tiny rails are gorgeous!

Mary said...

That Tiny Rails is so striking, and I love your color placement. Take care, Mary.

MissPat said...

I got my block A's for Sandra's QAL done yesterday. The tiny rails top looks good. You're really getting a lot done. I'm just kind of puttering, putting off things that should be done, like sandwiching and quilting two tops.
Pat

Michele McLaughlin said...

I love your tiny rail quilt! You are getting so much accomplished--way to go! Stay safe!

chrisknits said...

All your projects are so colorful and pretty! Love the Jo block plans.

Kate said...

The rail fence quilt came together beautifully. It seems that it's taking a lot longer for things to get from point A to point B. Good luck with this week's to do list. Your color Challenge Block is very pretty, love the colors.