Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, April 20, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #34

Maybe Spring is here in Colorado for good?!  Today it sure feels like it, but last Thursday definitely did not with 11 inches of snow officially!  Here's how we looked on Friday morning after all was said and done.

As of today (Monday afternoon), everything is melted,
 and the grass is nice and green from all the moisture!

Meanwhile, indoors, things on last week's to-do list can be checked off!

1.  The Magic Star tablerunner is quilted and binding is ready to hand-stitch down tonight.  ✔


2. Make 24 light blue HSTs for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge zigzag quilt.  ✔


3.  Green zigzag row is sewn together.  ✔

4.  5th block for the Hand-Pieced QAL is complete!  ✔



So, on this week's To-Do list:

1.  I'm participating in Sandra's (mmmquilts) Centred QAL, so I need to get myself organized and get started on the cutting.  This pretty bundle of blue batiks that I won in a giveaway last fall is what I'll be using for this project.


I got started with the planning Monday afternoon.

Fingers crossed that I will have the right contrast 
to get the effect that Sandra's pattern has!

2.  I would love to start sewing these colorful blocks into a quilt top!


3.  I ordered some batting from Connecting Threads a couple days ago.  If it comes this week, I hope to get a quilt top basted and quilting started. 

Linking up with Roseanne at Home Sewn by Us for To-Do Tuesday.  Thank you, Roseanne, for this fun linky!








9 comments:

Carol R. said...

That 5th block is really striking... I'm not usually a fan of red, but this one really caught my eye - maybe it was the layout, who knows. All I know is that I like it.

Linda said...

That snow! Hard for me to imagine since I've had the AC on several times the last couple weeks ;) I think "Cathy" is one of the prettiest blocks I've seen, so unique. That little peek at Magic Star - can't wait to see it! Centred looks like a neat pattern.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I placed an order with Connecting Threads on the 12th and still hasn't shipped, they had a note on their site saying that they were open with social distance, I wondered if that might smaller staff? also it said if your order contained any cut yardage it would take longer - mine did - I wonder how long I will wait - I hope your order comes quicker.
Love the quilt at the end. All that snow! wow and so close to the end of April hope you don't get more

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! WOW - 11 inches of snow. The trees look SO pretty, all covered in snow. I can picture the grass after it all melts as well - such a vibrant green. It's a wonderful time of year to enjoy everything awakening. I am really looking forward to seeing Magic Star all complete. Your first zigzag quilt top looks fabulous. Each time I see these blocks, I wonder why I don't make some myself?!! I am playing along with Sandra if I can get my act together. I have a few bundles of fabric that aren't for any specific use but I don't know if I can pull my head together. I want to have the contrast correct so that the end product looks correct! Good luck with this week's list and thank you so much for linking up. ~smile~ Roseanne

MissPat said...

Every time it snows here, I keep thinking "this has to be the last time". And then it isn't. We had a quick snow squall this AM, although the sun is shining at the moment. April has been very cold, stormy, and windy here. I think I may try Snadra's QAL, but I've already got so many UFOs that I really shouldn't.
Pat

piecefulwendy said...

11 inches! At least it's all gone now :-) Meanwhile, you were a busy bee in your quilt room. I've waffled on Sandra's QAL, but think I'll cheer everyone on from the sidelines while I try to get caught up on a few things. And I want to play with squirrels a bit. I'm liking that colorful combo on your design wall - will be fun to see that come together, as well as your quilt for Sandra's QAL. I need to order batting too!

Vicki in MN said...

Your snow photo is so pretty, but glad the snow is gone for both of us! The blues will make a great quilt to do Sandra's QAL.

Preeti said...

Such a pretty post laden with eye-candy from the snow in spring, to the red partial seams star to the million rail fence blocks. Connecting Threads is shipping but very slowly. Hugs from afar. Stay safe, Diann!!!

Robin said...

The snow is so pretty but we have peach trees blooming so I don't want it to snow any time soon. What part of Colorado do you live in? We lived in Grand Junction (the western slope) for 23 years. Colorado is a beautiful state. Lots of sewing going on at your house. . .