It measures about 28 x 28.
It's made from scraps of an Island Batik line called North Woods that I won in a giveaway awhile back, and I had waffled back and forth over what to do with them, finally deciding just to play with this star design.
After making the star, I divided up the rest of the strips into darks and lights and used the lights for a border and the darks for the binding.
I used some of the leftover bits on the back, too.
I enjoyed playing with the quilting on this project. The center is a square spiral, a bit wonky, but kind of fun! I used my spool of Aurifil Jade for the quilting.
After outlining the star points, I decided to try some gentle curves in the corners and borders.
I'm so pleased with those pretty stitches, courtesy of my new machine! :)
I decided to hang this in my sewing room for awhile - just because!
I'm definitely happy to have Batik Star finished, and with almost all of the fabric used up in the making of it, too.
Hope you're having a great weekend! I'll be sharing at Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!