Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Thursday, August 23, 2018

A Finish

Just a quick check-in to show you that I finished up the binding on my Hodgepodge quilt just the other day while watching a movie on Netflix.


For the binding, I used a bit of the wide backing fabric that had just arrived from Connecting Threads - it's that pretty royal blue with tiny flowers at the bottom of the pile there.  I think it makes the perfect frame for all these blues.



The next time we go to visit my MIL, I'll take it to the nursing home.  But before it goes, I just had to try a "quilt in a tree" photo!

Okay - that was kind of fun!  :)

Linking up with Alycia for Thank Goodness it's Finished Friday!


13 comments:

Laura said...

Your finished quilt is so pretty! I see you grabbed a solids bundle from Connecting THreads, too. I've had my eye on a couple of those, too.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

how do you like the wide back fabric that you got. I got a piece from them once for a wide back several years ago but found it stiffer to work with then I thought it would be but then other fabric from them isn't.

Vicki in MN said...

Congrats on the finish-what's next?

Jayne said...

What a perfect finish! It's a beautiful hodgepodge quilt that doesn't look like a hodgepodge quilt!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like your quilt.

Bernie Kringel said...

Love the finish Dianne. The colors are so soothing - that border gives the quilt a modern twist too. The stack of solids you shared is so pretty - I bet your are anxious to cut into those.

Louise said...

Love that glamour shot! Congrats on a great finish, and I love the name :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love the quilt in a tree look!! That is a great quilt!! and .... what did you watch - was it good?

Kate said...

A very pretty finish!

Linda said...

What a pretty quilt! I love all the blues, especially that royal with the tiny flowers. :)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Pretty! I know this quilt will be appreciated and loved.

MissPat said...

No one would ever know this quilt was made from random blocks and not planned this way. Great job.
Pat

Sandy Panagos said...

What a great hodge podge! I really like it, and you can never go wrong with a "quilt in a tree" photo!