Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Midweek Update

I have a finish to share today - Joy! 


This is a design I found on Pinterest which links to this site.  I didn't follow the construction method they talk about there, just cut lots of 2.5 inch background squares, various bright holiday prints, and a few 2 inch squares for the stitch and flip corners.  Then, just sewed up the rows into blocks.

Once I had the layout figured out, this went together quickly and easily!

The backing is that fun Christmas text print I shared a few weeks ago, and the binding is a dot fabric that also is in the Joy letters.  I wish I could show you that it has a little sparkle to it, too!


I did add triangle pieces in the top corners on the back for hanging this somewhere.  I think it would make a great door banner!  This will be a gift for a friend - so happy to have it finished even before Thanksgiving!  

Sharing at Midweek Makers at Quiltfabrication.








18 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Such a JOYful project! Your friend will love it!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I just love it, Diann. The soft background fabrics are so pretty and make the reds pop. Now you can enjoy it for the Christmas season. Happy quilting , sweet friend. Hugs.

Libby in TN said...

Simple but elegant.

Vicki in MN said...

That came together so nice and pretty quick too! Thanks for the link to the directions:)

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Your JOY quilt turned out wonderful!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice that you got in a finish - it turned out good

grammajudyb said...

Great job! It is so cute! A great door banner! Your friend will surely love it!

Susie H said...

That banner will bring all sorts of Christmas Joy! Turned out lovely!!! I think I have some of that text print too. Love it.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

its perfect!!!
and so happy ( and Joyful ha ha!)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

It's a wonderful banner Diann, very Christmasy.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Love the "Joy" finish! It is such a happy piece!

Linda said...

What a wonderful finish! I love that backing too. I'd be tempted to keep it - lol!

Deb A said...

That turned out great! Beautiful job.

Laura said...

Love it! :)

Allison said...

I promised myself no more projects before Christmas but your delightful wall hanging is tempting me to rummage through my Christmas fabrics...

Kate said...

Congrats on a very fun finish. It will be perfect to display for the holiday.

Susan said...

This came out to be such a happy little wall hanging! Well done!

SouterhnHushpuppy said...

Thank you so much for your post on your Joy banner! I got so inspired that I have made two in two different sizes. I decided to turn the letters horizontal so I can give them as small decorative runner gift.