Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, November 18, 2023

Gobble, Gobble!

This week, I finished up Mr. McGobble, but not without a little glitch that had to be fixed.  If you saw my Thursday post, here, you might remember that I didn't cut my Aida cloth wide enough to fit all the letters in the size they were turning out according to the pattern.  So I ripped them out and restitched in a new font, and voila!


On Friday, I finished this cute design into a small pillow, about 4.5 x 7.


Look at this fun backing - isn't it perfect for the season?


And now Mr. McGobble is celebrating Thanksgiving with his friends, the pilgrims!


Now that I've stitched a turkey, it's time to move on to something Christmas-y!  Just in the nick of time, Melisa put out this post, with all kinds of generous freebies to make.  I chose a little one to start with - Bringing Home the Tree - particularly because it has a little red pickup in it, and that's what Mike had when we were first married.  We brought more than one Christmas tree in that little red truck!  Progress so far - 


I bet you know what I'll be working on today for Slow Sunday Stitching!
Linking up at Kathy's Quilts.
















17 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a cute little pillow ! I agree…time to work on something Christmasy! My FIL had a red truck too. My daughter called him the red truck grandpa when she was little.

Michele McLaughlin said...

It's an adorable pillow and I love your display!!!

Kate said...

Love your turkey! Very fun and perfect for this week. I saved some of Melisa's cross stitched designs, she has some fun ones. I've done cross stitch before, but it's been quite a while since I last worked on anything. Enjoy your slow stitching this week and all the time with your family.

Vicki in MN said...

Mr. Turkey came out great, if you didn't tell us we'd never know that you used a different font.

Linda said...

Wow that happened fast! Your pillow looks really cute in your display. That is going to be a cute Christmas cross stitch. Our favorite pickup (we still miss it!) was a red F150 we had a few years ago.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Cute little turkey pillow, what a fun quick project for the season. Happy Thanksgiving!

CathieJ said...

Enjoy stitching the little red truck. I am sure it brings back happy memories. Gobble Gobble looks fantastic! I love the backing fabric.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

gobble, gobble looks great out on the table with all the rest of the decorations

Angela said...

You always find the perfect backing!

grammajudyb said...

Kudos on the new font! It looks great! I like the red truck stitch! I should make one for my son!

Susie H said...

Love you pillow backing. I used the same fabric for the inside of my daughter's Fall Chubby Charmer tote. The little birds are precious.

Deb A said...

Your turkey is adorable! Have fun stitching on the red truck. Quite the race last night with F1! Hope your son enjoyed it.

Sarah said...

Great addition to your autumn display. Enjoy your Christmas stitching today!

Preeti said...

Wishing you and yours a vert Happy Thanksgiving, Diann. Gobble, Gobble indeed!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Mr. McGobble is adorable, Diann and love the smaller lettering. You did an amazing job. Thank you so much for stitching it and Eeeh! I am so excited to see your next stitch. I hope you enjoy it. Hugs and thank you .

Nann said...

The term "vignette" is used these days to describe displays like the one where Mr. Gobble now resides. He looks right at home! Hope your holiday is stress-less and memorable.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

How cute is that turkey and how neat that a red pick up truck has such lovely memories for you Diann. Perfect slow stitching!