Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, June 17, 2022

More with blue

It's been a week of a little of this and a little of that.  After finishing PopStar, I knew I needed to work on making HSTs for the Bloom basket blocks I'm making as one of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects.

And I did do that, but... along the way I went down a rabbit hole and paused to make something else!  I completely blame it all on Instagram.  You know how this goes:  I saw something cute @graceandpeacequilting, which lead to clicking on @amerooniedesigns, which lead to this!

I couldn't resist that rainbow!

This little mini quilt is part of Ameroonie Designs Summer Sewing Series.  She is generously sharing several free tutorials for adorable little quilted items just like I love to make.  Who could resist?!


I did get back on task in the last few days with my blue scraps, and blocks are coming together.

A 4 inch blue star for a summer mug rug for my mom:


And pieces and parts for three Bloom baskets in blue.  Two sewn, and one left to finish up.  Once the HSTs are made, the blocks sew together quickly!




Here they are up on the design wall:


So progress was made after all!

Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and at 












21 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Love the mug rug! And your bloom baskets are just too stinking cute!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that mug rug. Every now and then I will make one or a table mat of some sort. I love the baskets.

Linda said...

Wow! That little mini quilt/mug rug is fantastic - looks perfect with that blueberry muffin.

Vicki in MN said...

I saw Nancy's rainbow too and thought it was so cute! Good for you taking care of that little squirrel;)

Ivani said...

Oh My Gosh Diann, you always come up with the prettiest projects. Love this little mug rug "sew" much.
Your baskets are lovely.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

what a fun mug rug project! Love your blue stars and baskets!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I guess you know what I will be wanting to make today!! Adorable!!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Love that rainbow idea, what a fast and fun way to whip up some placemats!

Mari said...

Those baskets are so happy! I love the mug rug, too. Happy weekend!

Chantal said...

I don't think I can resist this little mug rug either. Wow! What a cutie. Oh yes, I need one. You did an excellent job with yours. Love your baskets too. ;^)

Deb A said...

What a cute project! The baskets are looking great!

Sara said...

What a cute little rainbow mug rug! That was a fun squirrel to chase. Your scrappy little basket blocks really are adorable and will make a wonderful quilt.

PaintedThread said...

Love that rainbow mug rug!

grammajudyb said...

Oh gosh! Cute rainbow mini! I feel sort of out of the loop. So much going on in my life that I’m out of my regular routine! Looking forward to Mom’s mug rug.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Gorgeous happy little rainbow! And such bright and pretty basket blocks. Congrats on finishing Pop Star!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your rainbow mug rug is precious! Your basket blocks are so pretty! Your mom is going to love her star mug rug!

Susie H said...

I can see how you got distracted with the rainbow mug rug. So cute! Good job getting back on track and working on the projects at hand. Lots of beautiful baskets!

chrisknits said...

Good, for once it wasn't you reading us down a rabbit hole, although following the link, now I think I'm off rabbit hunting! LOL

Bonnie said...

OMG -- you've got wonderful eye candy today. I still love the little baskets. But the rainbow mug rug is absolutely wonderful. I'm off down the rabbit hole to see the projects you liked to....

piecefulwendy said...

You have such fun projects going on - those little baskets are so bright and happy!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Love your rainbow mug rug!!! Are you making any of the other summer sewing projects? My sister, Quilter Bonnie, is making all of them! I've just made the rainbow sunrise and the sand dollar so far.