Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

I Like Thursday #289

Happy Thursday!  I've been so focused on finishing up my PopStar quilt project, that I haven't thought much about what might go in my Thursday post this week.  I definitely do like finishing up a quilt and am really happy with this one!

Right now, it's hanging over the rocking chair 
in a quilty corner of the bedroom.

It's definitely been hot here - even the wild bunnies are feeling it.  We often see them stretched out on the cool, shady grass, cooling off their bellies.



The pretty landscaping at my mom's place is really showing up, and I love these yellow roses.  Mom lives in a campus of buildings that includes independent and assisted living, and skilled nursing, and they do a wonderful job with all of their landscaping and garden beds.


Speaking of yellow, the American goldfinches were at the thistle feeder the other day, and Mike got a good photo of them.  I always enjoy seeing these birds - they stand out among the plainer house finches.



My book club met the other day, and we discussed a fun read!  This was not a typical book for me  - murder mystery or historical fiction mostly - but I really enjoyed this book.  Here's a link to the Goodreads blurb about it if you're curious to know more.



So there's a few scenes from my week... Hope you've had a good one, too!

Joining in with LeeAnna and friends 
for "I Like Thursday" at Not Afraid of Color.






 










15 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the colorful quilt corner. The yellow roses are beautiful it is always good when gardens are well care for at these senior complexes - makes it look more inviting to go outside and sit down in shaded areas

piecefulwendy said...

I'm so glad there are pretty flowers and landscaping at your mom's complex. There's just something about seeing a burst of color from a window, especially for those who can't get out and about as much! We've had quite a few indigo buntings at our feeder this year, more than other years! I'm going to take a look at that book, too! Thanks!

The Joyful Quilter said...

While that book might not have been a mystery, the Goodreads link certainly sounded suspenseful, Diann!! Glad to hear that you've had a nice week.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your pop star quilt is awesome. I love gold finches. Poor hot buns....love the bright yellow roses. Thanks for the book recommendation and it just happens to be available through my library!

LA Paylor said...

great shot of the bunny! gotta get that book too!

Angela said...

Fabulous quilt! That bunny is so cute and relaxed!

MissPat said...

I, too, have added that book to my Goodreads list. Have you read The Last Garden in England? I'm in the middle of it and it's pretty good. I haven't seen any goldfinches in a while, but I don't feed the birds any more and I know they are attracted to thistle seed. I'm not even seeing many robins which is unusual. I hope the bird flu hasn't gotten to them.
Pat

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a beautiful quilty corner you have going on there. I keep wanting to buy a chaise lounge for our bedroom but I'm not sure I'd really use it much. At least at this point of life, I'm not lying around much, LOL. Anyway, I enjoyed seeing Mike's shot...I've gotten a few of American Goldfinches at the bird bath this week. The yellow is studpendous in the bird world.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I've been enjoying seeing the PopStar quilts popping up! Diann, yours looks great on the rocker!All the quilts in the background and are fun to see, too!

PaintedThread said...

Wow, that looks like one hot bunny! Pretty goldfinches. I replaced out thistle feeder with a hummingbird feeder for the summer and have gotten some very confused finches. lol

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! Oh, Pop Star turned out so well. It looks nice and welcoming on the rocking chair. Those colors are calming and relaxing to me, like a big exhale. Ahh. Ooh, those yellow roses are gorgeous. Sue was gifted a yellow rose bush for her birthday on Monday. We're trying to figure out where to plant, and have been waiting for the weather to cool off so we can do so. The Nine Dresses book looks good and best of all, my library has it. I look forward to reading it! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Susie H said...

I just love yellow roses and those at Mom's are so pretty. I also like the yellow finches and another favorite is the Carolina Wren. I don't know if you get them in CO but they have the most melodious song ever. Glad you had a good week!

grammajudyb said...

Mike’s photo of the American Goldfinches is awesome! Reminds me of my sister’s feeder! It’s hot here today and very windy! Not much fun! The other two people in my house are napping, I’m thinking of heading to the basement to sew! Or maybe I’ll try to be more quiet and just straight up the sewing room! 🙂

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Love the photo of the rabbit cooling his belly, he looks so comfy! Our goldfinches have turned bright yellow too. Nice finish hanging on your rocker.

Sandra Walker said...

Pop Star looks excellent on the rocker! What a cosy corner. I love the shot of the bunny stretched out! Birds amaze me we’ve had SO MANY fledgelings on the ground in our yard this year, just crazy; we’re taking the dogs out to do their business on leashes all the time. I hope that it’s a sign that they’ve been laying more eggs than usual? Will check out that book!