My biggest accomplishment of the week!
The PopStar quilt top is finished!
Just today (Monday), I popped into Joann's and found a backing fabric for it. White stars on a light blue background.
The finished quilt parade starts on June 15th,
so that gives me two weeks to get this one all done.
Along the way, I did finish up the green basket blocks I had on my list last week, too. Unfortunately, I don't have any updated photos of those blocks, but I will include them in my end of the week post.
So, what's on this week's list?
- Get PopStar layered and basted for quilting.
- Start the quilting.
- Get started on blue blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Blue is the color for June. That shouldn't be too hard, seeing as how these are the scraps on my cutting board!
I apologize for this terrible photo! These are the leftover blues from PopStar,
and the top photo in this post is much truer to their pretty color.
Those are the *have tos* on my list for the week. But if there's time, I'd like to play with some squirrels that have been knocking on my sewing room door. These will be projects on my June list, for example:
- a summer mug rug for my mom
- a tabletopper for my son for his living room
- a mini quilt from Kelly Young's book, Scrappy Improv Quilting
- or maybe play with this fun pile for a gingham tablerunner?
I'm joining in with Linda and friends at Texas Quilt Gal for the To-Do Tuesday link-up, sharing what I've been working on and my new list for this coming week.