Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, January 3, 2022

To-Do Tuesday #119

Good morning!  I'm back for the weekly To-Do Tuesday link-up at Texas Quilt Gal.  Thanks, Linda for giving us all a place to post our lists for the week and encouragement to stay organized!

Looking back at last week's list, I think I actually did pretty well!

  • Trip Around the Rainbow, a Rainbow Scrap Challenge project is finished.  More about it here.

  • The little wreath mini quilt project is almost finished.  I'm ready to stitch the last step of the binding right after I finish writing this post.

  • Frosty, the wall-hanging, is quilted and ready to bind.  I almost sewed the binding on this afternoon, but realized I've never sewed binding on an other-than-90 degree angle, so I thought I'd better look up some hints on how to do that first.  I found a simple tutorial here.

This week, I really need to:
  • Work on an organized list of my various WiPs and plans for the new year.   I'm still figuring this out!  I'd like to have a monthly plan for moving current projects forward while still leaving room for new things that catch my eye. 
  • Finish Frosty! 
  • Sew something in red for RSC January color.



Have a great week, everyone!






15 comments:

Sharon Kwilter said...

Your Frosty is turning out really cute. Is that for the table scraps challenge?

Michele McLaughlin said...

I'm crazy for your rainbow quilt! It looks great! The mini wreaths are awesome! Love your Frosty wall hanging! Have a great day Diann!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Little wreath mini quilt? LOVE!!!

Libby in TN said...

You did a great job on Rainbow Trips and your little mini. Now crack that whip and get going on this week's to-dos!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the Rainbow Trip pattern that you made - so colorful!

Linda said...

Love the opportunity to see that beautiful Trip Around the Rainbow again! The mini wreath is so cute, and I love your Frosty. Thanks for the link to the tutorial. I decided to wing it on the table runner I made last month, and it was more challenging than I thought it was going to be.
Thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

grammajudyb said...

I need to go check out the link to the "other angles" tutorial. I always have to really think about binding odd angles. Frosty is going to be so cute.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your Rainbow trips is beautiful!
but Frosty!!!! he steals the show!! and he's perfect!!! just in time for snow round 2 - ( yay)

piecefulwendy said...

You have done well on your list from last week! Frosty is looking quite spiffy. I'm sure you'll have no problem with the binding; it's quite simple. Looking forward to seeing your red blocks for the RSC.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

What's the size on the mini-wreath? Looks nice and small--and fun. And now Frosty! You're getting lots done. I don't think I've done anything but 90 degree binding, too?! Good luck on it!

chrisknits said...

Wonderful progress!! Can't wait to see Frosty done.

Ivani said...

Congrats Diann, for a beautiful finish.
Wow that mini!!! Which is the size?
Frosty wall habging looks so cute.
Good luck with your list for this week.

Mary said...

I really enjoy seeing your rainbow scrap quilts. You have such a good eye for combining different fabrics into a cohesive color unit. Have a great day!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! I didn't know there was anything special to do with non-90-degree binding. I've always treated it the same. Did you have an issue? I am wild and adore your rainbow quilt. It turned out so fabulous!! I love your mini wreath quilt - what size will it finish at? I might just need to PIN that for future reference. How is your Mom doing? I've been thinking about her. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Kate said...

You did have a good week. Such fun projects, Frosty is just so cute! Hope you've done well with this week's goals.