Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, July 5, 2021

To-Do Tuesday #96

Good morning!  I'm checking in with Chris and friends at Chrisknits to share my to-do list for the week. 

I had a finish last week!  Read more about Rainbow Strings in my Saturday post if you'd like to know more.


Along the way, I made a few more Positivity blocks, too.


This week I'll continue to work on those plus blocks at my slow-as-molasses pace!

Plus, Angela announced that July is the month for the cool dark blues, so I've been pulling out the dark blue scraps and thinking through what I want to accomplish with them.

The project on the left there is a finished Gail Pan embroidery design that needs to be finished into a small wall-hanging.  Another small gift for a quilty friend.

There might also be a DrEAMi project in those blue scraps shown above.   More about that one in another post.

There's plenty to do!  Wishing you a great week!






13 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the positivity blocks the colors look great together.

Ivani said...

Your Positivity blocks are beautiful in red, Diann, It is great seeing this quilt growing. Good luck with your goals for this week. Hugs

Linda said...

Your plus quilts are looking so pretty in red. Love that peek at your latest Gail Pan. I'm going to have to choose another RSC color. I already have enough blue and teal family from last year. Have a wonderful week!

chrisknits said...

Another yay for your finished quilt! Now to wait and see what blue blocks you come up with. Thanks for linking up, good luck with your next list of goals!

Susie H said...

You described your pace as "slow as molasses". My sister compares hers to a turtle. Hahaha! I'm on pace with the both of you! Hahaha! We all wish we could make more. Oh well such is life.

grammajudyb said...

I don’t necessarily think you are “slow as molasses! Your FYOP is complete! You are on track for the positivity QAL and you finished your string quilt too! So you are ahead of me! Plus you have been hand stitching too! Great work as far as I am concerned! Hats off to you!

Kate said...

Those red and white plus blocks are so crisp and cool. Wishing you lots of progress on your projects this week.

MissPat said...

You get so much done, I'd hardly say you were slow. Your very wise to stick to mostly small projects. I should practice that myself.
Pat

piecefulwendy said...

Oh, a Dreami project! You just clip along in your sewing room, coming up with so many fun items! Your quilt really turned out nicely!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Your positivity blocks are great, Diann! I was thinking about a Dreami project this month too!! Your rainbow strings quilt is so pretty and cheerful!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! Your Rainbow Strings quilt looks SO COOL!!! WOW - what a great finish. And Positivity is coming along nicely. I have lost my way on the dark blue/RSC challenge. Ooh, that blue embroidery wall hanging-to-be looks fab. Can't wait to see it finished. ~smile~ Roseanne

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Yay for a beautiful finish and those cheery red pos's are multiplying (oh wait, wrong symbol) nicely! :o)

dq said...

Love rainbow strings SEW SEW much!