Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, July 30, 2021

The end of July...

I'm finishing out July by finishing up the next row for Full Stop, the 2021 Rainbow Scrap Challenge sampler.   I wasn't sure I'd get much time at my sewing machine this week, but it turned out that I had just the right amount!

Plus my order of the background fabric, Moda Bella Pearl, from Missouri Star Quilt Co finally arrived.

This makes my background look yellow, but it really is a cream color - "pearl."

I ended up with a row of nine colons.



It's getting more and more fun to lay out the rows now that there are 7 of them!  It think it will be a good puzzle to figure out the final layout of this quilt and how to use the different lengths and widths of these rows in a creative way.

The longest rows measure 42 inches.

Sharing at SoScrappy  for ScrapHappy Saturday and at 



18 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

So cute!!! All seven of them together!!!

Michele McLaughlin said...

That photograph really did yellow that fabric! Funny what light and a camera can do. I love your strips! This is going to be a very cute quilt! Have a great weekend!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I'm so sorry about your mom's troubles, glad she's on the mend. Your punctuation quilt pieces look so colorful and fun! And I'm with you on stitch therapy, it really works to slow down and put things in perspective. Nice work stuffing back packs, too!

Ivani said...

Your Full Stop quilt will be a fun and bright one. The strips look great together. Whishing your mom fells better soon.
Happy weekend, Diann!

Linda said...

That quilt is going to be a fun puzzle to lay out! Hope your Mom is feeling much better.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is interesting how so many of us have so much trouble getting whites/creams and other colors to photograph correctly - I always have the same problems

grammajudyb said...

Oh, I like seeing all your rows laid out together! It’s going to be a fun quilt! I need to get my dark blues finished so I can go on yo aqua!

Mari said...

The punctuation quilt is going to be quite bright and cheerful. It will be interesting to see how all the rows come together. Hope your mom is doing well. Enjoy the weekend!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on being timely with your Full stop rows, Diann!!

piecefulwendy said...

Fun to see them all together, and yay for the fabric arriving!

Deb A said...

I agree - the rows look great together. I can't wait to see how you finish this one.

LA Paylor said...

good on you for getting all these done!

gayle said...

I love seeing all the rows together! (I was visualizing how it would look if not all the rows ran horizontally... Hmm...)

Jayne said...

Each row is amazing and half the fun will be puzzling together the top! It isn't always easy getting color accurate in photos, but I do believe you when you say its not yellow!!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

it's going to be a fun quilt as the rows are looking great!

Susie H said...

Pretty rows! Does look like it may be challenging to put it all together. I am confident that you'll come up with something wonderful!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those are great looking rows, Diann! You'll figure out the setting!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your full stop rows look fantastic. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!