Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Monday, January 18, 2021

To-Do Tuesday #73

Happy Tuesday!  I'm checking in today with my weekly to-do list and linking up with Roseanne and friends for the To-Do Tuesday linky party at Home Sewn By Us

I've made really good progress on last week's list, especially with my Rainbow Zigzag quilt.  In fact, it's almost done - just a little farther to go on the binding and I'll have a finish!


I also made all the 1.5 inch HSTs I need for the Valentine project I got started on.  I've laid out the first section and started sewing them together.

I'm working on "Stitches from the Heart," a free pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop.
Check out Wendy's version to see what inspired me!

I also got started on the center block for my Stay at Home Round Robin project.  See more about that in yesterday's post here.

So for this coming week:
  • Finish that last bit of binding on the Zigzags and write up a finished post.
  • Keep working on Stitches from the Heart.
  • Work on the first round of the Stay at Home Round Robin - it's piano keys!  See Chrisknitssews' post about that here.
  • And one more thing on the list - add some blocks to one of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects - Easy Breezy/Wonky Stars

Have a great week, everyone!












19 comments:

dq said...

Your Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks will make a beautiful quilt. I love seeing ow everyone's is so different.

I also really like the quilting on your zig zag near finish.

Ivani said...

Your tiny hst will make a pretty heart Diann. So happy you will have a beautiful finish to show very soon, and the wonk stars & eazy breeze quilt will be another beauty.

Libby in TN said...

Great idea for using little HSTs. What stitch length do you use when you quilt?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that colorful quilt you show - I love stars and I think I could make a star quilt every year lol -- and such tiny hst's! have fun with that

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

LOVE the start of your heart! I've downloaded that one too and am leaning toward squeezing it in. Have some other things to do so haven't made up my mind yet but yours is inspiring! Teensy little hst's are too cute.

PaintedThread said...

Ooh - itty bitty. I love the red and white. I like your wonky stars. One of these days I need to try making some.

Mary said...

Hi Diann. Wow! So much color to love in your post today. Those tiny red HSTs, the wonky stars, and the zig zag quilt that is almost done! I’m a fan! Have a good day, Mary.

Linda said...

Your heart block fabrics are pretty, and I love zig-zag quilt! I love the colors in that wonky star grouping. I was happy to find my RSC blocks from last year the other day and am finally feeling some excitement about them - lol!

Vicki in MN said...

I saw that heart block and have put it on my someday 'to do' list. Your ziggy quilt looks so huggable and soft, looking forward to seeing it once again after the binding is done. Good luck with your list this week.

MissPat said...

You're chugging right along on so many fronts. I finally finished sandwiching the quilt for my quilt groups UFO challenge (was supposed to be done by Jan 11). Quilting is started and I'm trying to keep it simple so I can get it done.
Pat

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Yeah, a finish very soon! Your little red blocks are so pretty, I love them. Have a great week working on your list!

piecefulwendy said...

Thanks for the highlight :-) Your little red/white HSTs are so cute! I cannot wait to see your version. Yay for almost the finish of Zig Zag, too. I have to pop over and see your center block for RR, so I'm off to go do that!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lots of fun stuff in the works, Diann!!

Marti said...

You are on a roll! Those are the smallest half square blocks I've seen, but they are so cute. Good luck with your list this week.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! Wow - those are little itty bitty HSTs. Oh so cute in red and white. Easy Breezy/Wonky Stars is so darn cute, as well. I wonder what size those blocks are? I am looking forward to seeing your SAHRR! Thanks for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

You have so many fun and happy projects in the works. A busy week ahead of you :)

Sharon - IN said...

Oh my! Such tiny little piecing! The heart quilt will be amazing with all those tiny pieces. I'm not doing the SAHRR, but are each of the borders set for the quilt? I saw Roseanne did piano keys as her first border. I should nose around a bit and see what each of you are doing. Sounds fun!

chrisknits said...

As always, everything is wonderful! Yay for a finish that is close!! I still have a bit of quilting to do on my current project before I can get to the binding!

Kate said...

Very fun projects on your list for this week. It has to feel good to have an almost finish in January. Good luck with your list!