Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Stay at Home Round Robin

The Stay at Home Round Robin captured my attention when I started to see that several bloggers who I follow were going to be co-hosts.  The main information page for this QAL can be found here at QuiltingGail.  It sounded like a fun and different project to work on and I decided to join in!


I ordered this pretty half yard bundle from Bernie's shop, Needle and Foot, right after Christmas.  It's called Matchmade in Jewel Tones by Art Gallery Fabric.  It finally arrived last week!


I decided to start small and simple for my center block, so I made a 6 inch finished sawtooth star using three fabrics from the bundle.  At some point I may add a neutral "background" fabric to the mix, but I'm going to wait and see on that.


Today, the first round will be introduced by Chris at Chrisknitssews.  It will be fun to see what we will be working on this week!






19 comments:

Linda said...

What a pretty block! Well that bundle was worth the wait, doesn't she put together the prettiest bundles? Love the fat crosses on the fabric and the colors. So glad you're doing the Round Robin!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that will look good with the next border added to it.

Vicki in MN said...

Ooooh that dark pink and the teal will make your flimsy shine bright! And you just can't go wrong with a star block:)

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

So sweet!!! Love your fabrics and colors!

piecefulwendy said...

Well, that fabric was worth the long wait for its arrival! What a pretty little block! You'll have fun with today's border, I think! Thanks for joining us in the SAHRR!

Karrin Hurd said...

Pretty colors! Glad it arrived!

Birthe Marie said...

The georgeous fabrics were worth the wait. Beautiful colours and such a nice block.

Scrapatches said...

Pretty fabrics! What a good idea. I would join in but I have so many projects going, I may never get them all done ... ;) Pat

Deb A said...

Pretty fabrics you selected! It will be fun to see how round one adds to it.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! Now those are fabrics worth waiting for! I've never met a star block that I didn't like . . . and that background fabric is so interesting! It sort of looks like hashtags yet not. What a lovely color palette. I can't wait to see how you add the border that was released today. ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

Pretty! I like the colors, too.

chrisknits said...

It's adorable! You will have a gorgeous project when done.

Ivani said...

Your star is pretty Diann, good choice for the center of your round robin. Love also the colors of your fabrics.

Susie H said...

Good for you to join in! I planned on joining in the but have now decided to not join. Too many things on my plate PLUS my machine is gone for couple weeks for a good cleaning. Love your pretty fabrics. I'm sure it'll make a pretty project. Have fun! These challenges are always mind-stretching and FUN!

dq said...

Those jewel tones will make a great Stay at Home robin quilt!

Mary said...

Great fabric for this stay at home round robin. Can’t wait to see your star with the first border.

Scrapatches said...

I love your choice of fabrics, Diann. The center star looks like it glows. Looking forward to seeing your quilt grow ... :) Pat

Kate said...

You are off to a good start with that first block. I wanted to play along, but was good and passed, so I'll just have enjoy watching your version come together.

Angie in SoCal said...

Such a cute block - one of my favorites. Love the fabric too.