Here's what was on the list for this past week:
1. Finish up my version of Centred from the QAL. ✔ I renamed this quilt Beautiful Blue, and you can read more about it here.
2. Get caught up on pink blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. ✔ Read more about them here.
3. Keep quilting on the red and white Book Club quilt. ✔ This will be a Work in Progress for awhile longer yet, but it's definitely progressing! I've been stitching on it every evening after dinner while we watch NCIS episodes on Netflix. It's a good thing there are lots of seasons of NCIS!
For this coming week, I have a bunch of smaller projects on my list:
1. I'm working on a paper-pieced mini quilt for a special event. It's about 1/4 pieced. I'm hoping to make progress on that this week.
2. I've had on my "mental" to-do list for a couple of weeks to make some doll-sized hospital gowns to send off to A Doll Like Me. The link will take you to a post at Needle and Foot. Bernie has been encouraging readers to send off doll quilts and hospital gowns to A Doll Like Me, and I did contribute a quilt a couple of years ago. I finally printed out the pattern and pulled some fabric for them. I have some more doll quilts to send along with them, too.
3. A couple of small squirrel projects have invaded my sewing room in recent weeks, and I'm ready to finish them up. Today I found backing for both and got them layered for quilting. It shouldn't take too long to finish them now!
4. The last thing on my list for this week is actually already finished! I needed to sew up the June Color Challenge Block from Patterns by Jen, so yesterday I cut out the pieces, and took this photo.
And then, about 30 minutes later, it was all done!
But the finished block will get its own post later in the month when
it's time to link up with the QAL.
It's nice to have one item on my list already completed this week!
Hope your week is getting off to a good start, too!
Yay for progress and finishes!! You get so much done.
love all your projects - every keeps mentioning their pink blocks and I keep sitting it aside for another day - I don't know why I don't get busy on the pink already and get done!
The blue quilt turned out lovely!
So many fun things - cannot wait to see the squirrel projects! You have some fun fabrics for those gowns! You got a lot done last week, such a good feeling, isn't it?
Hi Diann! You had a fabulous week and it looks like this week is going to be just as productive. I have been meaning to make some hospital gowns to send along with the next round of doll quilts. Thanks for reminding me and thank you for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne
With one item all done you should have no problem moving all the rest forward! And you had a good week last week too.
Another peek at that sweet fairy project, Diann? Looking forward to getting a better look soon!
So many things, and lots of progress, well done you! I'm in a bit of a 'no-sew' state at present, I've been busy condensing my 94yr aunties house down into one room. So nice to take a minute or five to check out the blogs and see all the progress happening.
My goodness you are a busy bee! I love seeing all your progress and I love "beautiful blue"!!! I like the fabric you chose for the doll gowns! What a special project! Looking forward to see what you post next because you always inspire me!!!
Your blue quilt is really pretty. And I like the look of that squirrel project!
A great finish--I love that bird-batik fabric! Good for you on the charity sewing! Hope to get to some soon. Good luck on your list. :o)
That's a good list of things to do for this week. Had to chuckle as hubby & I have been watching Blue Bloods on Amazon lately. Amazon only has Seasons 1-6 free online but I can rent the DVDs for Seasons 7-10 at my local libraru!
You had an excellent last week, lots of check marks on your list. You've got more fun things on this week's list. Good luck, hope you have lots of check marks in next week's post.
Post a Comment