Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Thursday, June 25, 2020

June Color Challenge Block

Earlier this week I finished up this month's color challenge block designed by Patterns by Jen.  June's block was inspired by the Mountain Bluebird, which is a favorite bird of mine since I live on the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains here in Colorado.


I just happened to have the scraps left out from my Beautiful Blue batik quilt, so I thought they would be perfect for this month's block.


There are six color challenge blocks on my design wall now.  I like how these are looking!


Big thanks go to Jen who offers these block designs each month, 
and prizes, too, for linking up our blocks!




12 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

There is something special that happens when all the blocks get put together And your blocks for this challenge are awesome, Diann. Loved your likes post too. There is nothing better than hand stitching to soothe and past time.

Libby in TN said...

Nice! How big are your blocks? I need one more 10" block to finish my 2018 RSC challenge sampler quilt and may "borrow" one of yours for inspiration.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Your batik blocks are looking wonderful! I really love the combo of colors you have! That blue batik fabric with the silhouette of the birds is wonderful!!! Have a great day!

chrisknits said...

Very lovely collection of colors!!

Linda said...

Wow this is pretty Diann! Amazing how different fabrics can look in different settings.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love all your blocks put together and that blue bird! love it

Susie H said...

Your chosen fabric was very appropriate, for sure. Pretty blocks!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann! That bird is just stunning, isn't he?! What perfect fabric for your block, too. I really am drawn to your blocks - I like the two colors, light and dark. This will be a pretty quilt when all the blocks are together. ~smile~ Roseanne

piecefulwendy said...

Those fabrics are perfect for this block! You have some pretty views on the Front Range, I'm sure! My SIL wrote her thesis on women artists on the Front Range. It was a fascinating read; I learned so much! Enjoy your weekend!

Jasmine said...

I am loving your color block challenge. They look so pretty all together.

MissPat said...

From the photo, it appears that the mountain bluebird is a deeper blue than the eastern bluebird. You block collection is looking good.
Pat

Jane said...

Hi Diann, a heads-up for you.
Northcott fabrics is releasing a new fabric design in November.
It is called Stonehenge Magdalena and has the Magdalena penguins
featured in panels - realistic, not cartoonish.
I enjoy your blog each time you post.
Jane
endurance44@yahoo.com